Graphics card question Presario 5000 5WV254

Old October 14th 05, 06:33 AM
Nevans

Default Graphics card question Presario 5000 5WV254

I'm thinking about getting a new graphics card for the Presario 5000
5WV254 with Windows ME that I purchased in November 2000.

There are two of the card's requirements that I'm not sure my PC meets
and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me:

(1) How to determine the wattage of my PC's power supply? (The card I'm
looking at requires a minimum 250W power supply.)

(2) How to know whether or not the UWave motherboard in my PC is "AGP
2.0 or higher compliant"?

Thank you!
Nevans
Old October 14th 05, 11:12 AM
HH

1. No. Your power supply is 200 watts.
2. If you mean AGP 2x compliant, yes.
HH
.. .

Old October 14th 05, 08:47 PM
Nevans

Thanks HH. I'm kinda glad 'cause I was stretching the truth with myself
anyway about thinking I could afford (or even need) the card. So
knowing that I'd need a new power supply settles the issue easily.

Thanks again,
Nevans

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 06:12:50 -0400, HH wrote in
news
1. No. Your power supply is 200 watts.
2. If you mean AGP 2x compliant, yes.
HH