Presario - no one seems to know

Old August 10th 05, 08:23 PM
Tom Scales

"Also when I tried to use their driver package availble
from another **** company compuke, it crashed my system "

Installed the wrong driver and blame Compaq when it doesn't work.

"Darwin" wrote in message

I found the problem myself. It was none of the reasons given by
others in this thread. It was two auto load files from that ****
software company synaptics that did not deinstall properly and did
not show up on a regular process listing. I had to use hijack this
to find them. ****ing **** crap software companies. Synaptics is
garbage. Also when I tried to use their driver package availble
from another **** company compuke, it crashed my system and I had
to go into safe mode to remove their garbage. It is amazing people
continue to use the products from outfits like this. I am stuck
with this compuke laptop cuz I'm too stubborn to let all it's bugs
defeat me. But it is a piece of junk and to think someone paid
over 3 grand for this garbage product when new-previous owner gave
me the receipts. I bought this piece of crap 5-6 years ago for 500
bucks and I kick myself for spending that much on this piece of
junk with it's **** software and useless restore disk.
Get some therapy and CHILL OUT. If you bought a notebook for $500 5-6
years ago, it was a steal (unless it was 5-6 years old at the time).
Computers are tools and only as "good" as the people that use them. Grow
up. PS After 5-6 years it doesn't owe you anything. Bite the bullet and
buy a new (or new to you) one and stop dropping in here with your childish
invective.

Old August 10th 05, 11:03 PM
Darwin

"Darwin" wrote in message
> [...]
Below is what I actually wrote. I am posting via Newsgator for Outlook and the formatting is HORRIBLE!

Get some therapy and CHILL OUT. If you bought a notebook for $500 5-6

years ago, it was a steal (unless it was 5-6 years old at the time).
Computers are tools and only as "good" as the people that use them. Grow
up. PS After 5-6 years it doesn't owe you anything. Bite the bullet and
buy a new (or new to you) one and stop dropping in here with your childish
invective.

[comp.sys.laptops]
Old August 11th 05, 02:33 AM
Alfredo

Actually, I think the OP has a good point. There are TONS of complaints
on the net about Compaq laptops. They just did not make a good product,
period. Now that HP has taken it over, I don't expect any improvement.
What they lack in quality they make up for in mass marketing. There are
alot of stupid people out there that will buy on impulse.

Old August 11th 05, 02:37 AM
Alfredo

The OP never said that the drivers he installed were the wrong drivers.
If you read the post he says that they were the drivers for that laptop
from the Compaq page. Maybe you should take a remedial reading class?

Tom Scales wrote:

Let me understand, just out of curiosity. You insalled Synaptics drivers
from the wrong computer, and are unhappy that they caused problems on your
computer and blame the vendor.

If I put diesel fuel into by gasoline car, it is not the gas station's
problem.

Tom
"QuestionAuthority" wrote in
message .138...

[...]

on 22 Jul 2005, QuestionAuthority
wrote in
97.138:

After a thorough search on this problem I came to the conclusion
that the touchpad lockups I have been experiencing no one knows
the cause. Several causes are guessed at, but now one really
seems to know, other than the obvious that compaq makes crap
laptops. Mine's a 1610 Presario that can lock up randomly at any
time, when the touchpad pointer is moved simultaneous with some
other action. Can happen even when offline and little system
resources being used. Using a generic PS/2 driver which
supposedly is ok to use with touchpad. Did thorough virus
checks, none identified. Anyone here know? Thanks.

Old August 11th 05, 03:56 AM
Tom Scales

I read it that he used a driver file from another company. Now that I
re-read his poorly written post, I recognize that his horrible misspellings
and inability to communicate made it unclear.

Tom Scales wrote:

[...]

. 197.138:

Old August 11th 05, 04:22 AM
QuestionAuthority

I can see that several of the flamers who responded to my post cannot
read. They must be the same people who write software for synaptics and
help sell **** compaq laptops.

For the reading comprehension challenged, the remnants of the piece of
**** synaptics package, which incidentally is almost 10 MB and adds a
bunch of crap features, yet cannot deinstall properly is what has been
bugging and freezing my laptop for months. I deinstalled it because I
don't want bloatware on my machine and it did NOT INSTALL clean NOT
because it was the wrong package-it was working before I deinstalled it,
although slowing my machine considerably. These synaptic authors ought
to get a job writing trojans and malware, since their "drivers"
essentially do the same thing.

Re the other **** company Compaq, now taken over by another **** company
that floods the market with crap hardware HP puts synaptic drivers on
it's web page that cannot even check if the remnants from the last crap
synaptic driver package, which did not deinstall clean are still on the
machine they are installing to. Consequently the synap**** driver
package crashed my machine with NO direction on how to proceed. You
gotta hand it to the good ol' USA. Where else can the incompetent get
rich and bring misery to the masses?

These company developers ought to be publically flogged for flooding the
net with their crap products. Better these companies should start a
remedial reading class for their employees and certain mildly retarded
members of this group.

QuestionAuthority wrote in
.138:

Old August 11th 05, 11:50 AM
HH

Regardless of your issues, we can do without the garbage-mouth posts. Clean
up your act or leave. You will get little help with your attitude.
HH

"QuestionAuthority" wrote in
message . 197.138...

Old August 12th 05, 05:15 AM
QuestionAuthority

I guess you must be on the compaq/synaptics software team since
you cannot read either. I solved the problem on my own without the
clueless "help" from this group (some were trying, but had no
idea).

The rest of my posts are to warn others not to buy compuke
computers, nor us syap**** software. When you guys quit flooding
the market with garbage products, I'll clean up my language. Any
repeats of this post are due to the morons that run the milan
server at 213.155.197.138 maybe they should join the compaq/hp team.

on 11 Aug 2005, "HH" wrote in
:

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 12th 05, 11:50 AM
HH

Plonk . . . If you hasve no clue as to what that means, I'm sure someone
will tell you, although with your smart mouth, I'm sure it has happened many
times before.
HH

"QuestionAuthority" wrote in
message 08...