compaq armada 4150

Old July 1st 04, 05:07 AM
bassguitarguy818

Default compaq armada 4150

hi i just bought a compaq armada 4150 off ebay. i was wondering how i
would go about installing windows xp on it. :? i currently have a
6gb hard drive (crappy, i know). would upgrading to 20gb get the job
done?

thanks.

==============
Old July 1st 04, 10:59 AM
HH

It likely would, but call Compaq support first. Since it has a less than 8
GB hard drive, 8 GB might be the BIOS limit for that model.
HH

"bassguitarguy818" wrote in
message ...
hi i just bought a compaq armada 4150 off ebay. i was wondering how i
would go about installing windows xp on it. :? i currently have a
6gb hard drive (crappy, i know). would upgrading to 20gb get the job
done?

thanks.

==============
Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware

troubleshooting newsgroups.

Old July 1st 04, 05:12 PM
Tom Scales

I'm pretty sure 8GB is the limit and I am not aware of an BIOS upgrade to
fix the problem. Is it s 4150 or 4250. I thought the 41xx topped out at the
4133.

Any way you look at it, XP is going to be a dog. Pentium-150.

I'd go Windows 98SE.

That's what I ran on my 4133T.

Tom

Old July 1st 04, 09:54 PM
Frank346

The 4100 series ended with the 4160T. 8GB is indeed the limit, even on a
4220T. I put Windows 2000 on a 4131T once and the performance was awful.
Windows 98SE is the newest operating system that runs well on the 4100
series (if you ignore Windows ME).

Old July 2nd 04, 02:35 AM
Tom Scales

Of course you're right. I'd forgotten the 4150/4160.

Great little laptops.

Tom

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 27th 04 06:21 PM
Compaq FAQ ** New Link HH Compaq Computers 0 June 19th 04 11:47 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 5th 04 11:17 AM
Compaq FAQ ** NEW INFO** HH Compaq Computers 0 May 15th 04 11:56 AM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM