What Happened?

Old December 14th 03, 04:36 PM
Kevin Childers

Default What Happened?

I thought I posted a message to this group to let everyone know that EPC was having a one day warehouse sale @ 20% off everything. They even opened up their warehouse to the public so people could see everything they have available. They deal mostly in used Compaq office type machines and parts. They do have some new parts and peripherals as well. Well it never showed in the group, I wonder why? Must have been the snow...

As it is I picked up a couple of cosmetically challenged monitors for $20 and some other assorted parts. It was a good deal, particularly for folks looking to pick up a decent PC on the cheap as well as getting parts to upgrade existing machines at a great price.

Well that's past, but I would like to mention that they are a good source for parts. If anyone is within driving distance of the Cave Springs Exit off I-70 in Saint Charles County, Missouri, USA, it's at least worth stopping in to see what's available.

--
Kevin Childers
Spammers will be traced and erased

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Old December 17th 03, 12:19 AM
ñKs

Hey moron,

Old December 17th 03, 05:03 PM
Kevin Childers

Spammers get paid, I don't. I just offered it as a source for parts and
peripherals for Compaqs at some pretty cheap prices. With their annual sale
you can get some good deals.

Question to the group at large, is that spam?

KC

Hey moron,

Old December 18th 03, 02:33 AM
Deep

That's not spam. If I put up a deal that I think is hot but have nothing to
benefit from it other than letting some internet "friends" know about it,
that's not spam. It's a service.

Deep

"ñKs" wrote in message
Yes it is spam..you advertised for a profit making company.

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message
Spammers get paid, I don't. I just offered it as a source for parts

and
peripherals for Compaqs at some pretty cheap prices. With their annual

sale
you can get some good deals.

Question to the group at large, is that spam?

KC

Hey moron,

Old December 19th 03, 12:49 AM
Kevin Childers

So if I can get you, or anyone else for that matter, a deal on some
parts for a Compaq, how do I let you know? I'd feel like a real ass if I
know were some one could save a couple of bucks or locate some hard to find
parts, and didn't tell them.

KC

"ñKs" wrote in message
Yes it is spam..you advertised for a profit making company.

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message
Spammers get paid, I don't. I just offered it as a source for parts

and
peripherals for Compaqs at some pretty cheap prices. With their annual

sale
you can get some good deals.

Question to the group at large, is that spam?

KC

Hey moron,

Old December 19th 03, 02:54 AM
JHEM

ñKs wrote:
Yes it is spam..you advertised for a profit making company.

Sorry, but YOU'RE the moron. Leads to good deals on Compaq spares and parts
from people who don't work for the company posted are NOT spam!

Old December 19th 03, 02:57 AM
Tom Scales

Actually you're right, it really isn't spam.

A message is Spam only if it is both Unsolicited and Bulk.

http://www.spamhaus.org/definition.html

This wasn't bulk by any definition. In fact, a Usenet post could never
really fit the exact definition, but a post across multiple newsgroups or
repeatedly would certainly fit the spirit of spam.

A single post, suggesting a good source, from an individual, for a company
to which they are not related, isn't spam.

Tom

Old December 19th 03, 06:11 AM
DEJ57

It was not spam.