Help! Please...

Old November 28th 03, 03:10 AM
me

Default Help! Please...

I need to buy the manual for Desktop Presario 5240....

Old November 28th 03, 03:25 AM
me

Tried to call HP but just got a guy in India...was give a toll-free number
to call....has Hp/Compaq gone down the drain?

Old November 28th 03, 05:03 AM
Deep

All larger tech support houses have started the transition to India. Cheaper
for them to run... Dell has done this as well. Better? Nope... I'm Indian,
but I think it's a disgrace to take these jobs away from hard working
Canadians and Americans who could really use them. What's even worse is that
they are teaching these new call center guys to lose their accents so that
they don't sound like they are from India... How deceitful is that??

Deep

.. .

Old November 28th 03, 02:01 PM
DEJ57

Dell has done this as well. Better? Nope

Just read two days ago Dell is bringing support back to the U.S. (and perhaps
Canada?) after numerous complaints of not being able to understand those with
accents and poorly scripted answers....

Dale
Old November 28th 03, 02:13 PM
GuyMan

In article , me
wrote:

I need to buy the manual for Desktop Presario 5240....

Download it from the internet.
Go to www.hp.com
Click on support & drivers
Enter "Presario Desktop 5240", select see support and troubleshooting,
and click on the arrows.
Click under Product Information where it says manual.
The maintenance and service guide is there.

Hope this helps,
Guy

Old November 28th 03, 04:53 PM
Kevin Childers

Latest news is that Dell is bringing some tech support back to the US,

KC

"Deep" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
All larger tech support houses have started the transition to India.

Cheaper
for them to run... Dell has done this as well. Better? Nope... I'm Indian,
but I think it's a disgrace to take these jobs away from hard working
Canadians and Americans who could really use them. What's even worse is

that
they are teaching these new call center guys to lose their accents so that
they don't sound like they are from India... How deceitful is that??

Deep

.. .

Old November 29th 03, 05:17 AM
DEJ57

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...ss/7343927.htm

Yeah, missed the "corporate" in the article.
Consumers still get the reward of the overseas support....

Dale
Old November 30th 03, 03:18 AM
Dan Sgambelluri

only corporate support not home support

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message
Latest news is that Dell is bringing some tech support back to the US,

KC

"Deep" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
All larger tech support houses have started the transition to India.

Cheaper
for them to run... Dell has done this as well. Better? Nope... I'm

Indian,
but I think it's a disgrace to take these jobs away from hard working
Canadians and Americans who could really use them. What's even worse is

that
they are teaching these new call center guys to lose their accents so

that
they don't sound like they are from India... How deceitful is that??

Deep

.. .

Old December 1st 03, 12:46 AM
me