pesario 700 winXP Pro

Old August 26th 03, 06:57 PM
bob

Default pesario 700 winXP Pro

I upgraded from winXP home to winXP Pro. My DVD didn't like the
transition, I get overlay failures in InterVideo winDVD gold 5.
compaq chat help, not too helpful yet. Any one have any hints or
opinions.
--
Bob

"If you are not confused, you don't
understand the problem."

Old August 27th 03, 03:44 PM
HH

Actually, an upgrade is preferable in this case, I think. Did you try
uninstalling then reinsatalling the DVD software and then the video drivers
if that doesn't help?
HH

"bob" wrote in message
HH wrote:
Upgrade or format/clean install?
HH

"bob" wrote in message

I upgraded from winXP home to winXP Pro. My DVD didn't like the
transition, I get overlay failures in InterVideo winDVD gold 5.
compaq chat help, not too helpful yet. Any one have any hints or
opinions.

snip
Thanks for reply
I did an upgrade, do you think I should try a clean install?

Old August 27th 03, 08:19 PM
SFR

bob a écrit :
(...)
times and different ones). I could not find video drives for this laptop
(notebook) on compaq's site.

35 seconds later, on Compaq's Website :

SP20057

http://www29.compaq.com/falco/sp_det...areVer=13 400

or

http://minilien.com/?X8AiKvtok3

Hope this helps

Regards,

Serge

Old August 27th 03, 08:56 PM
bob

SFR wrote:
bob a écrit :
(...)

times and different ones). I could not find video drives for this
laptop (notebook) on compaq's site.

35 seconds later, on Compaq's Website :

SP20057

http://www29.compaq.com/falco/sp_det...areVer=13 400

or

http://minilien.com/?X8AiKvtok3

Hope this helps

Regards,

Serge

Thanks will try loading when I get home to where laptop is ;o)
I also found http://www.driverguide.com/

Old August 27th 03, 11:00 PM
bob

SFR wrote:
bob a écrit :
(...)

times and different ones). I could not find video drives for this
laptop (notebook) on compaq's site.

35 seconds later, on Compaq's Website :

SP20057

http://www29.compaq.com/falco/sp_det...areVer=13 400

snip

Hope this helps

Regards,

Serge

ran this and got this result

Device #17 subkey: 'VEN_8086&DEV_7191&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_03'
Could not find an Enum\PCI device to match hardware.
DestroyTimerWindow returned an error!
- Setup was unable to complete the installation. Check the progress
log in your Windows directory for more details.

Old August 28th 03, 05:43 AM
SFR

ran this and got this result

Device #17 subkey: 'VEN_8086&DEV_7191&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_03'
Could not find an Enum\PCI device to match hardware.
DestroyTimerWindow returned an error!
- Setup was unable to complete the installation. Check the progress
log in your Windows directory for more details.

Wowowowo
Well, then I have some questions :

- Presario 700, that's correct ? Then video card is a S3 ProSavage
Twister... And this driver you downloaded should do the trick... Unless
your model is a specific one (and I don't remember such a thing for this
model family...)

- What does your "Device Manager" say about your video card ?

Also, you can try directly on chipset maker's site :
https://ranger.s3graphics.com/
login : archive
password : archive
Click on "Agree"
Click on 380Drv - Twister
and there you are...

Good luck !!!

Regards,

Serge

Old August 29th 03, 02:00 AM
bob

SFR wrote:
ran this and got this result

snipped alot of good advice

Regards,

Serge

Thanks to everyone, compaq help finally gave up and said my machine
could not run WinXP Pro......

I ,who have been working on computers since 1963, could not aqccept this
and wiped out my hard drive and installed WinXP Pro and son of a gun my
dvd now plays movies jut fine. grrrrrrr......

Thanks again

Old August 29th 03, 10:49 AM
bob

HH wrote:
Any reason you have to run Pro over Home?
HH
snip

Just because it's there, and I had an unused copy ;o)

thanks again