Russian firmware for scanners ?

Old March 4th 05, 11:19 PM
spf.ma

Default Russian firmware for scanners ?

Hi,

It's not a joke : I'd like to know if there's some hacked firware for
the Coolscan V, allowing the use of a slide feeder.
I have a SF-200, but I don't want to buy a 5000 (too expensive); the V
looks very apealing, but isn't supposed to work with this item.
And 2nd hand 4000 are so expensive ...
Old March 6th 05, 12:57 AM
Kennedy McEwen

In article , spf.ma
writes
Hi,

It's not a joke : I'd like to know if there's some hacked firware for
the Coolscan V, allowing the use of a slide feeder.
I have a SF-200, but I don't want to buy a 5000 (too expensive); the V
looks very apealing, but isn't supposed to work with this item.
And 2nd hand 4000 are so expensive ...

While your looking, if you come across any firmware hacks to make a Fiat
Cinquecento look and run like a Ferrari "(too expensive)" do let us all
know!! :-)
--
Kennedy
Old March 24th 05, 11:52 AM
AS

"Kennedy McEwen" wrote in message
In article , spf.ma
writes
Hi,

It's not a joke : I'd like to know if there's some hacked firware for
the Coolscan V, allowing the use of a slide feeder.
I have a SF-200, but I don't want to buy a 5000 (too expensive); the V
looks very apealing, but isn't supposed to work with this item.
And 2nd hand 4000 are so expensive ...

While your looking, if you come across any firmware hacks to make a Fiat
Cinquecento look and run like a Ferrari "(too expensive)" do let us all
know!! :-)

Well, I know that you know a lot about scanning. From our experience in
digicams field, some functions in some cameras are intentionally turned off
by some manufacturers in order to make you use (and buy) a more expensive
model. There exist some hacked firmware for certain cameras with the
functions "turned on". In a way there could be the case with some scanners
too. Cinquecento will never look and run like a Ferrari, Canon 300D will
never either look or run as fast as 20D, but som functions can be turned on.
So, what about some functions in some scanners?