Driver Upgrade - nVidia GeForce4 Ti4600- with tv-out - /AGPx4

Old July 6th 03, 08:01 AM
Rüdiger Haulle

Default Driver Upgrade - nVidia GeForce4 Ti4600- with tv-out - /AGPx4

Hi groupies!

the current driver is from 19.Feb.2002 (from systemCD-Rom) I want install a
newer driver - but it must have "WHQL"!

You have a link, where i can download a new driver?

Thank you - and greeting form (north-west)-germany!

Old July 6th 03, 08:04 AM
Rüdiger Haulle

PS: i have a Dim8200, with "intel tehama i850(E)" chipset.

Old July 6th 03, 04:14 PM
TC

"Rüdiger Haulle" wrote in
:

Hi groupies!

the current driver is from 19.Feb.2002 (from systemCD-Rom) I want
install a newer driver - but it must have "WHQL"!

You have a link, where i can download a new driver?

Thank you - and greeting form (north-west)-germany!

/\/\/\/\
Why not get a driver at the NVidia site ??

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_44.03

is the latest and it claims to be certified (usually the latest issues
are not).

I just checked and determined that I have been running 44.03 since May
2003 but I don't recall if I got a certification warning when I
installed it or not ... apparently not.

campbell
Old July 7th 03, 08:26 AM
Rüdiger Haulle

Hi Carolyn,

i know - on the dell-hompage are a lot of drivers - and when i beginning to
install, the old driver must be uninstall before. Then i must reboot my
system - and the new driver-install start... - During the new
driver-install, i have a message from XP "no WHQL!" . This message i have
with all driver, from the dell-site.

When i install a 44.03 - on the nVidia-Homepage you can read (with "*")
"this driver are for the FX-chip-serie", and not for the Ti-chipset.

You have a idea?

Old July 10th 03, 11:21 PM
MStepansky

Where can find such number driver version number "44.03" on my Dell with nVidia
Geforce4/Ti installed? Which menus?

Is "44.03" means "nVidia board driver version #"?

Mike

Old July 11th 03, 12:26 AM
TC

(MStepansky) wrote in
:

Where can find such number driver version number "44.03" on my Dell
with nVidia Geforce4/Ti installed? Which menus?

Is "44.03" means "nVidia board driver version #"?

Mike

/\/\/\/\
If you are referring to the latest nvidia driver for XP and the geforce
video cards ... the "44.03" refers to the "VERSION" ... as is stated at
the nvidia site where it can be downloaded ...

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_44.03

Version: 44.03
Release Date: May 14, 2003
WHQL Certified*

If you are not familiar with how to determine what version you are using
then it is not likely that you are running 44.03.

You can go to System/hardware to see what version video driver you are
using or simply ... at the desktop ...

"right click" and select "Properties"

Once there ... select "Settings" and then "Advanced" ....

The version of the video driver can be determined by looking under the
tab marked "GeForce Ti4200" or the one marked "Adapter" (then
"Properties"/"Driver") ...

The current nvidia driver must be removed before installing a new one.

campbell