print multiple copies on different paper sources - Canon IR2270

Old April 26th 06, 10:23 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default print multiple copies on different paper sources - Canon IR2270

Hello,

I'm facing a problem for which I haven't found any appropriate answer
despite searching google and usenet for some time.

I am using a Canon IR2270 printer in a windows environment.
I have a report I need to print out very frequently, and I need to
print this report in multiple copies, each copy on a different paper
(it's basically 3 colours), each support being loaded in its own tray.

Does anyone know of a simple (or even elaborate, I'm ready to go to
that extent) way to create a kind of printing profile, so that my users
can just send the document to print, and collect the 3 copies without
spending hours changing parameters ?

I would appreciate a lot any tips.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Laurent

Old April 27th 06, 11:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

In message .com,
bamse writes

I'm facing a problem for which I haven't found any appropriate answer
despite searching google and usenet for some time.

I am using a Canon IR2270 printer in a windows environment.
I have a report I need to print out very frequently, and I need to
print this report in multiple copies, each copy on a different paper
(it's basically 3 colours), each support being loaded in its own tray.

Does anyone know of a simple (or even elaborate, I'm ready to go to
that extent) way to create a kind of printing profile, so that my users
can just send the document to print, and collect the 3 copies without
spending hours changing parameters ?

Could you record a macro of the steps to print the three different
copies and get them to use that. Or set up three copies of the print
driver one for each colour.

--
Timothy
Old April 30th 06, 06:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

That sounds like an idea. What would you use to record a macro ?
(the software I'm using is a java based proprietary system in which I
can't do anything, but it uses the standard windows printing interface)

Old May 3rd 06, 12:13 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

In message . com, bamse
writes
That sounds like an idea. What would you use to record a macro ?
(the software I'm using is a java based proprietary system in which I
can't do anything, but it uses the standard windows printing interface)

Ah, I'm not sure you would be able to record a macro, things like Word
allow you to record a sequence of instructions for playback, but that
may not be possible with your software.

In which case probably three copies of the printer driver might be more
successful, so set up three different copies of the printer driver each
with a different tray selected and them call them IR-Red IR-White and
IR-Blue, or whatever the colours are. That way the user just has to
print to the three different printers rather than fiddle with the
printer settings each time.

--
Timothy