Mike Richter & smh

Old May 20th 04, 07:23 AM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) peep-squeaked:

It is not just Mike - SMH has a pathological obsessive hatred of
Roxio and their products. He was offensive to the point of obscenity
at two Roxio people who used to post and help here - when they gave
up, he transferred his diatribes to anyone he saw as in any way an
apologist for Roxio, and Mike in particular. One can kill file him -
unfortunately one cannot be rid of all the people who make follow ups
posts that quote him.

(Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?)

Considering that my posts are nothing more than quoting the posts of
Adrian Miller, Deirdre Straughan and Mike Richter:

Are Adrian Miller's words diatribes?
Don't you get ecstatic seeing Adrian Miller's words?
Shouldn't you get ecstatic seeing Adrian Miller's words?

Are Deirdre Straughan's words diatribes?
Don't you get ecstatic seeing Deirdre Straughan's words?
Shouldn't you get ecstatic seeing Deirdre Straughan's words?

Are Mike Richter's words diatribes?
Don't you get ecstatic seeing Mike Richter's words?
Shouldn't you get ecstatic seeing Mike Richter's words?
Old May 21st 04, 08:12 AM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
Alex Nichol (MS MVP), were you also born
with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
(Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?)

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) peep-squeaked:

It is not just Mike - SMH has a pathological obsessive hatred of
Roxio and their products. He was offensive to the point of obscenity
at two Roxio people who used to post and help here - when they gave
up, he transferred his diatribes to anyone he saw as in any way an
apologist for Roxio, and Mike in particular. One can kill file him -
unfortunately one cannot be rid of all the people who make follow ups
posts that quote him.

Whatever happened to "unsubstantiated accusations"?

==========================
From: smh
Subject: Ezcd 3.5 & Win 2k - License Violation (1 of 2)
Date: 3/4/01

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

... only makes inflammatory and
unsubstantiated accusations (especially at Adaptec) constantly -

Give one example of my "unsubstantiated accusations".
=========================

Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?

From: smh
Date: 3/4/01

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

... only makes inflammatory and
unsubstantiated accusations (especially at Adaptec) constantly -

Give one example of my "unsubstantiated accusations".
=========================

Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?

Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
lets loose in Usenet this utter trash.

Ezcd 3.5 & Win 2k - License Violation (1 of 2)

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" screamed (2/2/01):

Now, you are really showing your stupidity Sam. ECDC 3.5c is well documented
as causing total melt-down on Windows 2000 in many cases even with a special
patch that is no longer available. Without it, trashing the OS is almost
certain.

If you are stupid enough to follow Sam's advice in this matter I plead with
you to take a full system level backup first, as the likelihood that you
will have to re-format your hard drives is very high.

You forgot to mention that the use of 3.5c on Win 2k is in violation of
license agreement or something:

=======================
From: Adrian Miller
Subject: ECDC 3.5 and Windows 2000
Date: 12/30/00

"Nil" wrote...

Adrian Miller said:

ECDC 3.5c was never supported on Windows 2000, we provided a method
to get it to work as a courtesy to Windows 2000 beta testers but
this was heavily abused resulting in a major mess when SP1 was
released and WMP7 was released, we withdrew the patch to prevent
things getting worse.

I found the procedure and the patches and all is working fine for me
again, as it has for the last 9 months. I plan to never install WMP7.

Please replace your software with newer versions such as ECDC 4.03.

No. Unless you would like to give me a copy or there is an inexpensive
upgrade.

The use of ECDC 3.5c on Windows 2000 was beta only and you were supposed
to use it only until purchasing ECDC 4.0x. The fact that you used it for
nine months instead of the one or two that you should have used it for
shows the type of abuse this beta patch was subjected to. The patch file
can only legally be obtained from Roxio, we withdrew it to prevent it
being abused further. If you have installed ECDC 3.5c on Windows 2000 do
not apply any Windows 2000 service packs as you system will not like it.

=====================
From: Don Sterner
Date: 1/2/01

I may be getting forgetful in my old age, but I don't remember
anything being said earlier that use of ECDC on W2k was to be
considered as beta. Nor do I remember reading any time
limitations suggesting that it could only be used for a specific
length of time. I think everyone understood that full support for
ECDC 3.x wouldn't exist for W2K, and I don't think there was
really much loud complaining when ECDC3.x was never upgraded to
allow full function with W2K. However, to say that people were
abusing patches and violating user agreements is another matter
entirely.

I don't think anyone believed that they may have been in
violation of their license agreement by running ECDC3.x under
W2k. It is my recollection that ECDC3.x customers were told
essentially that they were free to use the limited functionality
that existed with W2K. I don't remember any restrictions
involving time or anything else. Unless my memory is failing me,
these usage restrictions have been developed more recently -
after the fact. The consumers knew that full support didn't
exist, but that was the extent of it. Nobody felt that they were
abusing anything.

On the other hand, this and other recent occurrences might have
some customers believing that they are being abused by Roxio. The
attitudes emanating from your company towards your customers will
be harmful to your corporate bottom line in the long run.
====================

( Note: The patch page referred to below was revised AFTER win2k )
( went Gold, and the word "beta" was never mentioned. )

=======================
From: Adrian Miller
Date: 1/3/01

It was not there in black and white, but it was implied and it did state
that it was for use during Windows 2000 beta testing. That can be taken
as meaning that it should not be used after the beta program finished at
the end of 1999.

The other problem is that this patch was widely abused without end user
knowledge. I have discovered many cases where companies supplied Windows
2000 machines using this patch to get ECDC 3.5c to work without
informing the end user that they were being supplied what later became a
time bomb when they installed WMP7.
========================

(Note 1: Don't see how WMP7 can be installed on Win2k when Ezcd 3
supposedly causes total "melt-down" of Win2k.)
(Note 2: There were no reports of WMP7 "bomb"-ing Ezcd 3.)
(Note 3: WMP7 "bomb"-ed Ezcd 4.)

as an avid reader of this NG, one thing you gotta admit is
Adrian's got balls. Either that or he's outta his mind!

From: smh
Date: 3/4/01

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

... only makes inflammatory and
unsubstantiated accusations (especially at Adaptec) constantly -

Give one example of my "unsubstantiated accusations".
=========================

Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?

Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
lets loose in Usenet this utter trash.

Ezcd 3.5 & Win 2k - License Violation (2 of 2)

From: Videoman
Date: 12/31/00

One would assume, that if one has a legal copy of ECDC 3.5c, and the mfg
posts a patch to allow it to work on W2K, then there is nothing illegal
or unethical about using said patch, to run said program, on said
operating system, as long as one wants to.

"only until purchasing 4.0x".. that's kind of disturbing. It's no longer
considered consumer choice to "upgrade", now it's considered manditory.
====================

From: Adrian Miller
Date: 12/31/00

It was stated that it was a temporary patch for use by Windows 2000 beta
testers, Windows 2000 beta program finished at the end of last year. The
use of ECDC 4.01 or below breaks many rules on Windows 2000 and has
serious conflicts with other newer software.
=======================

Old May 23rd 04, 10:01 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
Alex Nichol (MS MVP), were you also born
with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
(Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?)

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) peep-squeaked:

It is not just Mike - SMH has a pathological obsessive hatred of
Roxio and their products. He was offensive to the point of obscenity
at two Roxio people who used to post and help here - when they gave
up, he transferred his diatribes to anyone he saw as in any way an
apologist for Roxio, and Mike in particular.

Whatever happened to the charge of "libels"?

From: smh
Subject: Alex Nichol MVP (DTS) - Who's Libeling Whom?
Date: 11/5/01

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

You know all about libel?

=======================

From: smh
Subject: Open Letter to SMH (Sam Hong)
Date: 9/7/01

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

If you have seen Mr Hong makes here the kind of
libellous personal attacks

Could you list the libels?

for which he is noted elsewhere, I suggest that you contact
, who would be able to arrange to prevent
his posts appearing on the MS news servers - if not on others.
Such attacks are contrary to Microsoft's expressed rules of
contact: they tolerate a good deal, but not attacks like that

=======================

Where are your responses, Alex Nichol (MS MVP)?
Old May 24th 04, 11:00 PM
smh

===========================
Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

If you have seen Mr Hong makes here the kind of
libellous personal attacks

Could you list the libels?
==========================

Where are your responses, Alex Nichol (MS MVP)?

Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?

========================
Adrian Miller is Adaptec
========================

======================
From: smh
Subject: Adrian Miller is Adaptec
Date: 4/11/00

"Adrian Miller \(Adaptec\)"
Adrian Miller (On behalf of the Adaptec Software Products Group)

Adrian Miller is Adaptec in these NGs.

As long as he has the above signature, and lacking any disclaimer
that he is only expressing his private opinions, whatever he says,
that's Adaptec is talking.

======================
From: Mike Richter (Adaptec Shill)
Date: 4/11/00

Adrian, your secret is out!

As often as you have said that you are Adaptec's voice in the
newsgroups, smh has finally heard you. I trust that you are suitably
grateful to have been found credible, even if in so limited a sense.

Congratulations, smh, on your perspicacity!

==========================
From: Deirdre Straughan (Acraptec)
Date: 4/14/00

Well of course. That's what we pay him for.

No one ever said any different.
==========================

Wonder if "attacking" Adrian Miller is attacking Adaptec?

Old May 26th 04, 02:00 AM
smh

----------------------------
Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

If you have seen Mr Hong makes here the kind of
libellous personal attacks

Could you list the libels?
----------------------------

Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?

------------------------
Adrian Miller is Adaptec
------------------------
==========================
From: Deirdre Straughan (Acraptec)
Date: 4/14/00

Subject: "Personal" abuse when Adrian Miller is cRoxio-Acraptec ?
Date: 5/18/01

Deirdre Straughan (cRoxio) spewed:

I don't believe Adrian was ever intentionally insulting to anyone on the
newsgroups or anywhere else (though of course we are both sorry if he was ever
perceived that way. As we all know, email is an easily misinterpreted medium).

The same cannot be said for some people out here, who have piled

personal abuse on Adrian

Why do you suppose I posted the following?

=======================
From: smh
Date: 4/11/00

From: Deirdre Straughan (Acraptec)
Date: 4/14/00

From: Deirdre Straughan (Acraptec)
Date: 4/14/00

Subject: Not being Abused, but being Pinned to the wall
Date: 5/18/01

Deirdre Straughton (cRoxio) spewed:

I don't believe Adrian was ever intentionally insulting to anyone on
the newsgroups

The same cannot be said for some people out here, who have piled
personal abuse on Adrian

So, as I said, if he got a little testy, I don't blame him.

Nor do I see why he should continue to waste his time out here
if that's what he and we get in return.

One more time:

=======================
From: Don Sterner
Subject: Adaptec woes? Here's why, folks, and how to fix it
Date: 1/3/01

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" squeaked:

...the amount of abuse I am taking...

You (Y-O-U) are not being abused.

As a corporate representative, you're being pinned to the wall
and for very good reasons. There's a difference.
=========================

Notes:

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: EZ CD Creator 4 Deluxe / will install IE 5!
Date: 11/23/99

D' has moved on to other things,
I have taken over a number of her tasks
such as company presence on the Usenet

==========================
From: Deirdre Straughan (Acraptec)
Subject: De-Commercialization of News Groups
Date: 12/3/99

I work in marketing, not tech support,
and Adrian works for me.

Our marketing channel is the Internet.
=========================

From: Don Sterner
Date: 12/22/99

Adrian Miller (Acraptec)

I have a very good idea of what will be in the next update and
when it arrives it will take you a while to find something else
to BITCH about with ECDC 4. You complain about it so much and
I am willing to put money on it that you do not even own a copy.
Privately mail me your TSID and prove me wrong.

Well, that missile wasn't aimed at me, but I certainly do think
that it's an inappropriate post from a company representative and
it deserves a response.

I have stated several times in the past that I don't own ECDC 4,
and I have no intentions of buying it until I can see from user
reports here that it is a reasonable decision to buy it. I
certainly don't feel that way now. ECDC4 is bug-laden. I am a
buying customer of ECDC 3.x (twice, once as a bundle, then had to
pay full price to get the complete package). I had numerous
problems with that software, waiting for many months for updates
to problems that never should have existed in any
commercially-released product. I vowed to never buy another
Adaptec product until I had confidence that it deserved my money.
I'm still waiting for the updates that will make ECDC4 a good
product.

I am a potential customer. I have nothing in particular against
Adaptec, but I do refuse to knowingly buy troublesome software -
and I'll be outspoken out software problems when they've come
from an organization that has repeatedly shipped problematic
software in the past (as has Adaptec). I feel that it's within my
rights to do so. It's to my advantage to speak out and encourage
proper fixes - and to warn other potential users about the
problems. It's up to Adaptec to clean up their act, and they need
to accept that they will be subject to criticism until they do.

If the newsgroups get too hot for Adaptec employees, the proper
action is to encourage their management to take proper action,
not to attack and belittle newsgroup members.

Strange Error Behavior LiteON LTR5237S mike Cdr 6 December 30th 03 09:11 AM
Can't copy Microsoft CDs but I've done it before with Plex and ECDC?Using Liteon and Nero smh Cdr 15 December 9th 03 12:24 AM
Q: How to burn multiple CD bin's to 1 DVD ? Coolasblu Cdr 8 November 17th 03 11:27 PM
How well does DLA work? Louise Cdr 4 November 14th 03 11:40 PM
(OT) Software Customer Bill of Rights smh Cdr 5 September 4th 03 09:55 PM