Windows 8 Tutorial?

Old November 12th 12, 12:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Windows 8 Tutorial?

Sure would like to know what I have gotten myself into.

Anyone suggest a Good Windows 8 tutorial?

Thanks

Roy
Old November 12th 12, 10:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 20:56:05 -0500, Paul wrote:

There is a alt.comp.os.windows-8 newsgroup.
You can read some of the stuff on there.
(Note - not all newsservers have alt.comp.os.windows-8 and
Google Groups is one place that doesn't add new alt.* additions.)

You can try a place like this. For Windows 7, the sevenforums.com
site also had tutorials, and I expect some of the tutorials are
just imported and verified for Windows 8. (I usually navigate
this site with a search engine. For example, go to Google.com
and enter "site:eightforums.com mysearchterms" and that
is a site-specific search. That helps find the right tutorial,
such as "mysearchterms".)

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/

There are some keyboard shortcuts here.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ortcuts#1TC=t1

Paul

Thanks Paul

I discovered that PC Pitstop's November 2012 Newsletter has some
Windows-8 goodies too.

Roy
Old November 12th 12, 11:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
PC Guy

wrote:

Sure would like to know what I have gotten myself into.

Anyone suggest a Good Windows 8 tutorial?

For specific questions and answers:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/174-windows-8/

For downloadable documents (ebooks, etc):

Windows 8 for Dummies Dell Pocket Edition
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/eLearning_...118371666.html

Windows 8 Step by Step
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/software/w...igor_2833.html

Introducing Windows 8: An Overview for IT Professionals
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/Introducin...sionals.ht ml

Windows 8: Out of the Box
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/software/w...641_Wind8.html

Old November 13th 12, 04:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
PC Guy

"Chris S." wrote:

For downloadable documents (ebooks, etc):

Windows 8 for Dummies Dell Pocket Edition
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/eLearning_...118371666.html

Windows 8 Step by Step
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/software/w...igor_2833.html

Introducing Windows 8: An Overview for IT Professionals
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/Introducin...sionals.ht ml

Windows 8: Out of the Box
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/software/w...641_Wind8.html

SPAM GUY!

If you're trying to say that my links are commercial spam, they're not.

Those are file-locker links to download legit commercial publications.
In other words, I'm telling you where to get free stuff. Doing that
isin't normally considered to be spamming.

And you don't need to subscribe to those file-lockers in order to
download from them. Just choose the "free" or "slow" download option
and answer a captcha challenge.
Old November 20th 12, 06:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

"Rogers" wrote:

Anyone suggest a Good Windows 8 tutorial?

Have you tried your local library? Of course, any "Windows 8" titles
they have will likely have a long waiting queue of previous requests for
the same titles.
Old November 20th 12, 06:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

"PC Guy" wrote:

"Chris S." wrote:

"PC Guy" wrote:

For downloadable documents (ebooks, etc):

snipped the links to pirated copyrighted documents

SPAM GUY!

If you're trying to say that my links are commercial spam, they're not.

Maybe Chris is referring to your numerous and long-time nymshifting:

fnym lnym

where,
fnym = "PC" or "Spam" or "Virus" or "Home" or "98" or "News" or
"Intel" or "Netscape" or "HVAC" or ...
lnym = "Guy" or "Man"

One of those nymshift combinations is "Spam Guy". Although your intent
may be to help, nymshifting is troll behavior.

Or maybe Chris is referring to you linking to an avaxhome.ws page whose
poster's entry there has links to elsewhere to pirated copyrighted
documents. For example, httX://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/.../1118371666.html
has links going to Rapidshare, uploaded.net, and ShareFL but those are
dead because they got reported so they got removed. While AvaxHome
doesn't provide reporting links for articles found to point at pirated
material (i.e., they claim to not support piracy but provide no means to
report it), the other sites do since they need to protect themselves by
deleting those illegal uploads. Some of those upload sites only permit
the copyright owner to report piracy (so you have to report the piracy
to the copyright owner and let them enforce their rights); i.e., those
sites are not really interested in supporting their anti-piracy policy
unless forced to. They're not interesting in disappearing like
MegaUpload so they, at least, purport to enforce anti-piracy policies.
Old January 28th 13, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Windows 8 sucks !

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:35:32 -0500, wrote:

Sure would like to know what I have gotten myself into.

Anyone suggest a Good Windows 8 tutorial?

Thanks

Roy

tutorial help [email protected] General 1 December 24th 05 04:12 AM
tutorial help [email protected] Intel 0 December 24th 05 02:40 AM
tutorial help [email protected] Storage (alternative) 0 December 24th 05 02:38 AM
DMA tutorial Joel Ramirez General 2 September 15th 04 06:21 AM
RAID Tutorial? Obadiah Storage (alternative) 4 June 11th 04 10:40 PM