Dell wireless 1390 WLAN Mini Card cannot connect to a wireless network

Old April 29th 11, 02:12 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware

Default Dell wireless 1390 WLAN Mini Card cannot connect to a wireless network

The Dell wireless 1390 WLAN Mini Card wireless card(Chipset
BCM4311/BCM2050) is in a Dell Inspiron E1505(running Win XP with Service
Pack 3).

The Dell Wireless WLAN card utility has a diagnostics option to check
the card. I ran that and the hardware(wireless mini card) was
found to be OK. Updated the drivers which did not help so removed and
reinstalled the drivers, but that too did not help. I tried using the
Windows wireless configuration utility(and disabled the Dell Wireless
WLAN card utility), started the Wireless service, but
that did not help.

Then, tried the Dell Wireless WLAN card utility(after disabling the
Windows wireless utility), but that was futile too. It cannot detect any
wireless network
at all.

Followed suggestions of
http://en.community.dell.com/support.../18520047.aspx
but that did not fix the issue.

Checked each property at
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...ops.htm#toc_65

There are no issues with acccess point. Next to the Dell Inspiron E1505
is a Dell latitude(having an Intel wireless card) which can connect
to the wireless network.

Also, when the computer boots there is a message "Notification dll
has not been registered program will not work correctly"

Followed the suggestions at
http://help.wugnet.com/windows/wirel...ict628131.html

Opened a command prompt and typed

regsvr32 atl.dll click [OK]
regsvr32 wltrynt.dll [OK]
ipconfig /flushdns [OK]
ipconfig /renew [OK]
netsh winsock reset [OK]

Rebooted the machine, but still there is a message "Notification dll
has not been registered program will not work correctly"

What else can I try?
Old April 29th 11, 06:30 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
§ñühw¤£f[_4_]

g got on the no fly lits by saying
:

The Dell wireless 1390 WLAN Mini Card wireless card(Chipset
BCM4311/BCM2050) is in a Dell Inspiron E1505(running Win XP with
Service Pack 3).

The Dell Wireless WLAN card utility has a diagnostics option to
check the card. I ran that and the hardware(wireless mini card)
was found to be OK. Updated the drivers which did not help so
removed and reinstalled the drivers, but that too did not help. I
tried using the Windows wireless configuration utility(and
disabled the Dell Wireless WLAN card utility), started the
Wireless service, but that did not help.

Then, tried the Dell Wireless WLAN card utility(after disabling
the Windows wireless utility), but that was futile too. It cannot
detect any wireless network
at all.

Followed suggestions of
http://en.community.dell.com/support...nternet-wirele
ss/f/3324/p/17946577/18520047.aspx but that did not fix the issue.

Checked each property at
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc.../UG_EN/props.h
tm#toc_65

There are no issues with acccess point. Next to the Dell Inspiron
E1505 is a Dell latitude(having an Intel wireless card) which can
connect to the wireless network.

Also, when the computer boots there is a message "Notification dll
has not been registered program will not work correctly"

Followed the suggestions at
http://help.wugnet.com/windows/wirel...rvice-wont-sta
rt-boot-ftopict628131.html

Opened a command prompt and typed

regsvr32 atl.dll click [OK]
regsvr32 wltrynt.dll [OK]
ipconfig /flushdns [OK]
ipconfig /renew [OK]
netsh winsock reset [OK]

Rebooted the machine, but still there is a message "Notification
dll has not been registered program will not work correctly"

What else can I try?

a shotgun. i spent months fighting with a dell lattitude laptop with
a broadcom wifi chipset. dell sucks. buy a cheap usb wifi dongle and
disable the built-in card in the BIOS. really...this will save you
time and money (if you value your time)

HTH

Old April 29th 11, 03:37 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
GT[_8_]

"g" wrote in message ...
The Dell wireless 1390 WLAN Mini Card wireless card(Chipset
BCM4311/BCM2050) is in a Dell Inspiron E1505(running Win XP with Service
Pack 3).

The Dell Wireless WLAN card utility has a diagnostics option to check the
card. I ran that and the hardware(wireless mini card) was
found to be OK. Updated the drivers which did not help so removed and
reinstalled the drivers, but that too did not help. I tried using the
Windows wireless configuration utility(and disabled the Dell Wireless WLAN
card utility), started the Wireless service, but
that did not help.

Then, tried the Dell Wireless WLAN card utility(after disabling the
Windows wireless utility), but that was futile too. It cannot detect any
wireless network
at all.

Maybe the little aerial wire has come off? If that is the same model (with a
different name) as my Dell Inspiron 6400, then its under the cover above the
keyboard - just prise that off and the little white wire is the antenna near
the right side of the unit.

Old April 29th 11, 04:47 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
GT[_8_]

"GT" wrote in message
eb.com...
"g" wrote in message ...
[...]

Its will take you about 3 minutes to check... First look here

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc....htm#wp1127833

then he

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc....htm#wp1015787

Old May 1st 11, 01:59 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware

On 4/29/2011 11:47 AM, GT wrote:
wrote in message
eb.com...
wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks, wire of antenna was disconnected. Once that was hooked up, the
machine connected fine.

Strange part is Dell wireless utility could not detect that.
Old May 1st 11, 01:59 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware

On 4/29/2011 1:30 AM, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion, the wire of antenna was disconnected. Once

Old May 2nd 11, 10:31 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
GT[_8_]

"g" wrote in message ...
On 4/29/2011 11:47 AM, GT wrote:
wrote in message
eb.com...
wrote in message
[...]

Well, the wire is just an extension of the actual wireless receiver, so I
guess it wouldn't know that the receiver isn't 'long' enough!