help getting acer 3000 series motherboard out pls

Old May 19th 07, 03:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
stoorworm

Default help getting acer 3000 series motherboard out pls

hi there, ive been wrestling with my laptop for weeks, in order to
save money i decided to fix my broken power jack myself, unfortunatly
i havent even been able to get to it yet! im trying to get the
motherboard out but ive hit a wall

i think its this:

http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?i...22_677lo.JP G

seems to have this pin things that are stuck fast no screws or
anything but its not letting the motherboard budge an inch...

http://img134.imagevenue.com/view.ph...22_416lo.J PG

close ups:

http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_798lo.JPG

http://img137.imagevenue.com/view.ph...22_450lo.JP G

http://img181.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._122_411lo.JPG

anyone encountered this before? id be really gratefull if you tell me
how to dislodge it!
thanks

Old May 19th 07, 11:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Bob Fay

"stoorworm" wrote in message
hi there, ive been wrestling with my laptop for weeks, in order to
save money i decided to fix my broken power jack myself, unfortunatly
i havent even been able to get to it yet! im trying to get the
motherboard out but ive hit a wall

i think its this:

http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?i...22_677lo.JP G

seems to have this pin things that are stuck fast no screws or
anything but its not letting the motherboard budge an inch...

http://img134.imagevenue.com/view.ph...22_416lo.J PG

close ups:

http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_798lo.JPG

http://img137.imagevenue.com/view.ph...22_450lo.JP G

http://img181.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._122_411lo.JPG

anyone encountered this before? id be really gratefull if you tell me
how to dislodge it!
thanks

Your links are no good!

Old June 7th 07, 03:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
MiHat MuhCane

Hope you removed the dvd player first, its held by a screw under the
keyboard the first time you take it apart its a little stiff. Also
don't forget the 3 screws under the monitor and the 2 screws holding
the power button board.

Old April 3rd 08, 01:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
G tindale

Hi,
my laptop is stuck on hibernation and I have been told I need to remove
and
repace the bios battery to re-set the bios.
Do you know where this battery is and how do I get to it?
Cheers.
Glyn.

Old April 3rd 08, 06:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
A Nother

"G tindale" wrote in message

Hi,
my laptop is stuck on hibernation and I have been told I need to remove
and repace the bios battery to re-set the bios.
Do you know where this battery is and how do I get to it?

Try a local repair shop. Avoid a bad learning experience caused by trying
this yourself.