dell precision 360 mounting rails

Old February 22nd 07, 11:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
r mason

Default dell precision 360 mounting rails

I did look inside and there are no spare rails. Dell has none in stock.

Old February 23rd 07, 02:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

They are plentiful on eBay. That's your best bet. If I had some spares, I'd
offer them... Ben Myers

Old February 23rd 07, 02:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Precision 340, 350 and 360 are not that prevalent on eBay, which is why I
suggested other models with the same rails in my earlier post. Use eBay search
to track them down... Ben Myers

Old February 23rd 07, 03:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
r mason

Ben thank you for your input
the pricing on ebay is amazing 3 dollars to 15 for the same piece of plastic

Old February 23rd 07, 05:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

As a rule, eBay sellers accustomed to dealing with large corporations /
government agencies and ignorant purchasing agents charge outrageous money,
because the ignorant purchasing agents will spend the money to get the needed
part.

I can sell you a $500 hammer and a $1000 toilet seat, gold plating extra, if you
work for the US Federal Government or any one of its minions who are
contractors... Ben

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:25:29 -0500, "r mason" wrote:

Ben thank you for your input
the pricing on ebay is amazing 3 dollars to 15 for the same piece of plastic
.. .

Old February 23rd 07, 06:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dan

All dell repair techs get tons of them because Dell sends them out on
all optical drives, even for models that don't require the rails. Dell
demands the old optical drive be returned, but doesn't care about the
rails. The techs usually keep the rails as spares, techs can easily
rack up a dozen pairs of rails every month during busy times. I only
have about 3 or 4 pairs cuz I didn't think there was much demand.

Hard drive rails, however, are sometimes shorter and more difficult to
find because dell doesn't supply them with replacement hard drives.
But the good news is, most Dell desktops come with a spare pair of HD
rails inside the desktop, i know the 8400 and 8300 dimensions do.

Look on ebay

Dan