Apple Rules

Old August 7th 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jack Zwick

Default Apple Rules

Apple announced today its new Desktop machines. Using Woodcrest duo
processors! Makes for a machine $1000 cheaper than similar Dell.

Shipping as off today:

proc speed - all quad, up to 3ghz
up to 16 GB memory
up to 2 TB storage
graphics up to radeon x1900 or FX4500
wireless BT & Airport (802.11g)

Starting at $2499.

Soon it will have OS X 10.5, best described as Vista 2.0
Old August 7th 06, 07:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

sounds good Zack how many did you buy?

Old August 7th 06, 07:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Jack Zwick" wrote in message
Apple announced today its new Desktop machines. Using Woodcrest duo
processors! Makes for a machine $1000 cheaper than similar Dell.

Shipping as off today:

proc speed - all quad, up to 3ghz
up to 16 GB memory
up to 2 TB storage
graphics up to radeon x1900 or FX4500
wireless BT & Airport (802.11g)

Starting at $2499.

Soon it will have OS X 10.5, best described as Vista 2.0

How in the hell do you get that this is $1000 CHEAPER than Dell. Almost
impossible to configure a $2500 Dell

Old August 7th 06, 08:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jack Zwick

In article ,
"W" wrote:

sounds good Zack how many did you buy?

Sold my Dell XPS-400, and bought a Mac Pro with Dual dual core 2 Xeon
processors (Woodcrest). Wicked fast !!

Predicted arrival date August 21.

Then with BootCamp from Apple (free), it will run OS X and Windoze.

http://www.apple.com/macpro
Old August 7th 06, 09:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Jack Zwick" wrote in message
In article ,
"W" wrote:

sounds good Zack how many did you buy?

Sold my Dell XPS-400, and bought a Mac Pro with Dual dual core 2 Xeon
processors (Woodcrest). Wicked fast !!

Predicted arrival date August 21.

Then with BootCamp from Apple (free), it will run OS X and Windoze.

http://www.apple.com/macpro

Enjoy the Apple/Macsluff NG...
cheers

Old August 7th 06, 09:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Colin Wilson

How in the hell do you get that this is $1000 CHEAPER than Dell. Almost
impossible to configure a $2500 Dell

The XPS range *start* at $2097 in the UK at current exchange rates.

Intel® Core=3F 2 Duo E6300 processor (1.86GHz, 1066MHz, 2MB cache)
XP Home, 1Gb RAM, 320Gb HD, 256MB nVidia=3F GeForce=3F 7900GS,
Integrated 5.1 Audio, and apparently NO MONITOR !

Upping the spec to the fastest offered processor

Intel® Core=3F 2 Duo X6800 Extreme Edition processor (2.93GHz, 1066MHz,
4MB cache)
XP Pro SP2
2Gb RAM
DUAL 512MB nVidia=3F GeForce=3F 7900 GTX graphics cards
Dell=3F 19" UltraSharp=3F Digital/Analogue Flat Panel (1907FP)
Sound Blaster® X-Fi Xtreme Music PCI Soundcard
Dell=3F 5650 5.1 Surround Speaker System

....ups the price to a massive $6691

Note - no modem / floppy drive / photo sharing/editing software is
included at that price.
Old August 7th 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jack Zwick

In article ,
Colin Wilson wrote:

[...]

The Woodcrest processor Apple uses is far better (with 4 Meg cache) than
the Conroe processor Dell hawks.
Old August 7th 06, 10:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jack Zwick

In article ,
"W" wrote:

"Jack Zwick" wrote in message
In article ,
"W" wrote:

sounds good Zack how many did you buy?

Sold my Dell XPS-400, and bought a Mac Pro with Dual dual core 2 Xeon
processors (Woodcrest). Wicked fast !!

Predicted arrival date August 21.

Then with BootCamp from Apple (free), it will run OS X and Windoze.

http://www.apple.com/macpro

Enjoy the Apple/Macsluff NG...
cheers

For my Microsoft Money, I'll be running some flavor of Windoze.
Old August 8th 06, 12:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jack Zwick

In article ,
"History Fan" wrote:

"Jack Zwick" wrote in message
Apple announced today its new Desktop machines. Using Woodcrest duo
processors! Makes for a machine $1000 cheaper than similar Dell.

Shipping as off today:

proc speed - all quad, up to 3ghz
up to 16 GB memory
up to 2 TB storage
graphics up to radeon x1900 or FX4500
wireless BT & Airport (802.11g)

Starting at $2499.

Soon it will have OS X 10.5, best described as Vista 2.0

Apple makes some fine products, but they'll never seriously compete
with Windows PC's because of their high prices. I can remember the Apple
IIe computer back in the early 1980's. Even that model was more expensive
than the competition. Plus I think a lot of people are nervous about having
to learn a totally new operating system.

You find me a Dell with Dual dual core Xeons (Quad cores) for anywhere
close to $2500 !
Old August 8th 06, 02:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Jack Zwick" wrote in message
In article ,
"History Fan" wrote:

"Jack Zwick" wrote in message
[...]

Show me an Apple with dual core xeons for $2500. Starts at doesn't mean it
has that.

Show us a config