AIW 8500DV driver, tc tuner and MMC

Old July 29th 06, 04:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Default AIW 8500DV driver, tc tuner and MMC

Approximately once a year, I have to revisit this forum in search of
the latest advice onthis 8500DV software. Today I wasted about three
hours befotre finding the right combo. Every once in a while, the TV
stops working entirely throwing an exception in ATIMMC.

What's pathetic is how the advice given by ATI is never right. The
driver-MMX combo that finally worked was the MMC that has a note saying
to use 9.0.2. I used it for a long time until the TV no longer worked.
I had a problem with some other graphic software which said I should
consider updating the ATI driver. I did that and the software then
worked.

I suppose some of this comes from the innumerable Windows updates as
well, the right hand biting the left if you will

Installed the latest recommended Catalyst driver from ATI, 6.5.

Anyway, thing is back on the air for now thanks to advice I found here,
to wit
uninstall old MMC
installing MMC 9.0.8 uci
then MMC enu

it only wanted to reboot at the end, which I did. I'd have posted this
in the same thread where I read the advice but the thread is locked.

I'm sure there are better graphics cards available but why change when
this one does exactly what I need?

Thanks again!

Old July 29th 06, 09:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
OGT

Hello,

For me, the best configuration for my 8500DV under W2000 and WXP is :

DAO
9.10
ATI Display Driver 8.121-050322a-022141C-ATI Catalyst 5.4
ATI Control Panel 6.14.10.5145
Catalyst 5.4
ATI Multimedia Center 9.061
9.061
ATI Multimedia Center Help Files Euro-1 9.061
ATI Remote Wonder 3.03 3.03

It works without any problem and all other graphic applications like
Photoshop or Premiere works fine.

Olivier

Old August 6th 06, 11:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
p jayant

Don't feel so bad. I am in the same boat, same card, same experience
with
Catalyst software, Upgrades, Uninstall all and all the rest. I have
installed an
NVIDIA FX 5200 Display card and the VideoMate TV card and the two
together
are working fine for video capture.

The ATI Installation Engineer has taken the Radeon 8500 DV card to
check if
he can make it work under a different O S like XP Professional or 2000
or
repair the TV Tuner on it.

P. Jayant