HP 1410 Printer Scanner

Old November 3rd 08, 08:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
P. Jayant

Default HP 1410 Printer Scanner

The Printer Scanner has been working fine for quite some time. But after
getting the cartridge refilled, the PSC 1410 prints only the Test Report in
response to every command for printing a document. This has repeated at
least 20 times. Is there any way to stop this and start getting documents
printed as desired? There is no red light on any of the fault indicating
light points. So what could be wrong with the system?

P. Jayant

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --
Old November 3rd 08, 05:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

Jayant" wrote in message
:

The Printer Scanner has been working fine for quite some time. But after
getting the cartridge refilled, the PSC 1410 prints only the Test Report in
response to every command for printing a document. This has repeated at
least 20 times. Is there any way to stop this and start getting documents
printed as desired? There is no red light on any of the fault indicating
light points. So what could be wrong with the system?

When a new cartridge is installed the printer will print an alignment
page. This page is then loaded onto the scanner bed and the scan button
should be pressed to complete the alignment process. Check your manual
for information on the alignment process.

Until the alignment has been completed the printer will print an
alignment page after each print job.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old November 4th 08, 03:22 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
p jayant

On Nov 3, 10:42*pm, "Bob Headrick" wrote:
Jayant" wrote in message

:

The Printer Scanner has been working fine for quite some time. But after
getting the cartridge refilled, the PSC 1410 prints only the Test Report in
response to every command for printing a document. This has repeated at
least 20 times. Is there any way to stop this and start getting documents
printed as desired? There is no red light on any of the fault indicating
light points. So what could be wrong with the system?

When a new cartridge is installed the printer will print an alignment
page. *This page is then loaded onto the scanner bed and the scan button
should be pressed to complete the alignment process. *Check your manual
for information on the alignment process.

Until the alignment has been completed the printer will print an
alignment page after each print job.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Thanks Mr. Headrick, for your informative reply. I shall remember this
in future when I get a new or refilled cartridge. As mentioned by you,
I have just now tried to print a document once again. The Printer
printed the Alignment Test Report but not the doument I wanted to be
printed. Anyway, I placed the Alignment sheet on the Scanner and
pressed the Scan button and to make sure that the process was
registered, even saved the scan in My Scans Folder. Then I tried again
to print a document but still, the Printer does not wake up at all and
start printing.

P. Jayant
Old November 4th 08, 05:53 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"p jayant" wrote in message
:

I have just now tried to print a document once again. The Printer
printed the Alignment Test Report but not the document I wanted to be
printed. Anyway, I placed the Alignment sheet on the Scanner and
pressed the Scan button and to make sure that the process was
registered, even saved the scan in My Scans Folder. Then I tried again
to print a document but still, the Printer does not wake up at all and
start printing.

Hmm... the user manual is available at
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00364973.pdf and the alignment
procedure is shown on page 32. Some things to check: make sure you are
using clean white paper and that the color cartridge is working properly
- both the black cartridge and the cyan portion of the color cartridge
must be working properly for the alignment to succeed.

You also might try forcing an alignment from the Image Zone software if
you have that installed on your system.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Canon F50 printer/scanner/fax - problem using scanner [email protected] Printers 0 February 6th 08 01:22 AM
HP PSC 1410 printer. Juan Bonet General 0 September 10th 06 02:15 PM
new PSC 1410 ... mmm drd Printers 2 December 31st 05 07:56 PM
Scanner - Dell 922 All-in-one printer/scanner RevA01 not scanning but does print Darren Dell Computers 4 June 25th 05 04:58 PM
Best inexpensive printer/scanner to replace Dell 942 printer/scanner? fan Printers 4 April 29th 05 02:01 AM