Screwed by Canon Rebate

Old March 8th 07, 02:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

On Mar 7, 12:37 pm, Oliver Costich wrote:
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 06:18:20 -0700, Bill Funk
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:58:24 GMT, measekite
wrote:

Bill Funk wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:33:33 -0500, "Mary" wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
.net...

There should be a Federal Law that only allows instant rebates at the
time of purchase. Any product returns will have the rebate (already
received) form the return amount.

For once I agree with you.

Mary

How can you agree with the idea that the government should tell
merchants how to sell their products?

They have for years. Did you ever hear of the Sherman Antitrust Act?
It is the job of government to protect the consumer from the
unscrupluous large corporations.

A rebate makes a company unscrupulous? How so?
You need to learn to seperate things you don't like from things that
are objectively wrong.
I can certainly agree that laws to prevent fraud are good, but I can't
agree when laws are called for that would tell companies how they must
sell product, especially when it comes to pricing.

Many rebates are fradulent.

No they aren't. Some are hard to get, but that's a very different
thing.
Rebates are one of those things where the user must follow the rules
very carefully, something most people aren't used to.

And even when you do, they try to screw you. I've had 2 in the last
six months, both involving the criminals at Young America. In one
case, ATI video card, it was a real hassle getting anyone at ATI to
give a **** but I finally got someone who said they'd send a check
right away. It turns out he expected Young America to do it and they
took several weeks and then only after I contacted and embarrasses
him. The other was Sandisk, who took care of it immediately.

The companies are responsible for your getting the rebate. They hire
the redemption center people. Why any reputable company would use
Young America to process their rebated is beyond me if they care even
a bit for their reputuion in consumers minds.

And, in some cases, the number of rebates exceeds the expected number,
and things are slow.
But to claim fraud, you need proof of fraud. That *you* didn't get a
rebate doesn't mean fraud.

It does when you can show you complied with all requirements. I had to
file a complaint with the BBB over a Nikon rebate after which they
sent me the check. BTW, Nikon has a rating of "unsatisfactory" with
the BBB, as do Pentax and Canon

Then of course there's the Best Buy duplicate website scam.....
http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/twi...5/daily19.html

Screwed by Canon Rebate David Lynn Printers 1 February 28th 07 10:57 AM
Screwed by Canon Rebate Arthur Entlich Printers 0 February 18th 07 04:18 PM
Screwed by Canon Rebate Buck Turgidson Printers 14 January 29th 07 10:03 PM
Screwed by Canon Rebate Ryan Printers 17 January 5th 07 09:36 AM
Screwed by Canon Rebate [email protected] Printers 0 December 29th 06 06:21 AM