an8-sli deluxe: how can I get hibernate options to show?

Old October 26th 06, 10:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
[email protected]

Default an8-sli deluxe: how can I get hibernate options to show?

Hi,

I have an an8-sli deluxe. There are now hibernate options in the power
properties dialogue. Is there an option within the bios that will make
these available. Will updated bios versions have an option that will
make this available?

Thanks for any advice.

Old October 26th 06, 01:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Natéag

Did you mean « no hibernate options » ?

If so does your monitor support it ? If it is not very old, it does.

Install the drivers supplied with your monitor and make sure
your monitor is correctly identified.

The option will appear.

Old October 27th 06, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Amir Facade

This should be a windows setting, not a motherboard setting.
In the display properties box, screen saver tab, click power.
click hibernate tab.
Make sure "enable hibernation" is checked.

Amir

PS:Hi Guys.

oups.com...

Old October 27th 06, 06:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Bird Janitor®

Amir Facade wrote:

| PS:Hi Guys.

Hi Amir -

It's been a while. You need to [pick two] grace us / disgrace Qed with your
presence more often!

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef

Old October 29th 06, 03:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Amir Facade

"Bird Janitor®" wrote in
message . com...
Amir Facade wrote:

| PS:Hi Guys.

Hi Amir -

It's been a while. You need to [pick two] grace us / disgrace Qed with
your
presence more often!

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef

Jef,
I saw that you and Qed and Tom were still around, but not as often. Me
either.
And I see you got a new name(or Two). Still cleaning up after Miguel rips up
those Barbies.
If the wind is right I can still catch a whiff of the pit all the way down
here in Philly. Don't think the smell gets as far as the beltway though.
Have to ask Tom.
I checked in to see if there was any bad press on the AN8 Sli.
I'm looking into an update for myself and I only can spend enough for a
decent board and minimal processor(3200 Athlon64, but I want to be able to
drop something lots faster in it in about a year or two.) and since I game
I'm looking at 2
Leadtek PX7600GS TDH Extreme 256MB GeForce 7600GS
I can get it all for under $400 at newegg and it will go with my
current case and drives and RAM.
Just lurking a bit.
Amir

Old October 29th 06, 06:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Bird Janitor®

Amir Facade wrote:

| Jef,
| I saw that you and Qed and Tom were still around, but not as often.
| Me either.

Hi Amir -

I'm here at least a couple of times a day. Unfortunately it appears to be
abandoned property much of the time.

As you may have heard, I took possession of the place based on adverse
possession.

Off-topic postings are free of charge. On-topic is by sliding scale. ;-}

| And I see you got a new name(or Two). Still cleaning up after Miguel
| rips up those Barbies.

Miguel makes ripping up Dolly (or is that Dali) into an art form. R2 does
her share as well (I call her "little shredder" .. among other things .. but
she's really a sweatheart for a 2oz. bird).

| If the wind is right I can still catch a whiff of the pit all the way down
| here in Philly. Don't think the smell gets as far as the beltway though.
| Have to ask Tom.

Careful you don't expose yourself. No need to risk sudden death as the
stench, as well as noxious, is highly toxic!

| I checked in to see if there was any bad press on the AN8 Sli.
| I'm looking into an update for myself and I only can spend enough
| for a decent board and minimal processor(3200 Athlon64, but I want
| to be able to drop something lots faster in it in about a year or two.)
and
| since I game I'm looking at 2
| Leadtek PX7600GS TDH Extreme 256MB GeForce 7600GS
| I can get it all for under $400 at newegg and it will go with my
| current case and drives and RAM.

Semi on-topic. My invoice will be in the mail. Might have a read at Abit's
forum for more experiences since this place has been so quiet.

Good mix, though and wise to look out for future updates.

Me .. I haven't been running a desktop computer at home for more than a
year. I don't game, so I don't have any real need to go beyond notebook
computers.

Downstairs I'm running an Intel Core 2 Duo system with a 1.83GHz processor,
2 gigs of DDR2 RAM and a 120GB SATA drive (plus all the goodies that plug in
externally). I've been looking for a wide-format external monitor for a
reasonable price because my current external monitor makes the onboard LCD
get all fuzzy because the existing external monitor makes it go below its
native resolution.

Upstairs I still have the 1.8 lb. sub-notebook with a 1.1GHz Pentium M and a
miniscule 1.8" 20GB HDD. This one goes out for coffee because it's a
conversation-starter ("Is that a computer?").

In a 680 square foot house I don't miss having a desktop computer sucking in
all the feathers and cat hair all the time.

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
Jef

PS .. no new "names" for me in quite a while ..

Old October 29th 06, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
0_Qed

Bird Janitor® wrote:

I'm here at least a couple of times a day. Unfortunately it appears to be
abandoned property much of the time.

'Yes' ... happened quite abruptly too.

Care to 'hazard' a guess as to why ???

My thots run to too much complexity ... hdwr/sftwr.
Doubtful its due to faultless/flawless , easily managed hdwr/sftw.

....snip...

Qed.
Old October 30th 06, 07:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Bird Janitor®

Qed wrote:

| 'Yes' ... happened quite abruptly too.
|
| Care to 'hazard' a guess as to why ???
|
| My thots run to too much complexity ... hdwr/sftwr.
| Doubtful its due to faultless/flawless , easily managed hdwr/sftw.

Square peg, round hole. Anything beyond that and, I agree, your thoughts
run to too much complexity.

But seriously, I agree on that one. Also a factor could be that desktop
systems are getting a smaller percentage of "the business" these days. Not
much sense in having a desktop system when all you do is surf the web and do
most anything that isn't too performance-demanding.

I sold my last desktop system a couple of years ago, thinking at the time
I'd wait for the next latest and greatest. Never found I missed it, and,
rather, enjoy the freed-up space.

Jef

Old October 30th 06, 02:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Natéag

By the way, have you fixed your hibernate options ?

"Bird Janitor®" a écrit dans
le message de news: ...

Old November 2nd 06, 04:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Amir Facade

We lost the OP a while ago.
Maybe that's part of why the group is drying up.
Poor manners.
Of course hijacking threads doesn't count.

Amir