dell laptop battery shopping

Old September 17th 06, 04:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
doug

Default dell laptop battery shopping

I'm starting to shop around for a replacement battery for my dell
laptop 600m. I'm considering purchasing outside of Dell (to try to
save money) but wonder about different specs namely text that reads
like... Mah or Wh. Is there a conversion factor to equate the two
different measurements?

I did find one site so far that may give me a clue and it read
4700Mah 53Wh 6 Cell vs. 48Wh 4320Mah 4 Cell so I might be able to use
this as a rough estimate for shopping if no one can give me better
information.

Anything else I should know before I purchase a replacement battery
for my 600m? Right now I'm thinking of purchasing from
http://www.pacificbattery.com (reviews seem good but I have no
experience with them) but if anyone has a better one, please say so.

Thanks.

// doug //
website: MyHomeRebate.com
"Buy New Homes for Less in Texas"
Old September 17th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Lez Pawl

doug wrote in message ...
[...]

buy the Dell battery............don't mess around.

Old September 17th 06, 06:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Kevin M

"Lez Pawl" wrote in message

doug wrote in message ...
[...]

Any particular reason you exclusively recommend the Dell?

Old September 17th 06, 07:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

Kevin M wrote:

snip

Any particular reason you exclusively recommend the Dell?

With all the recent battery crap going on, I highly doubt that
Dell would feel at all responsible for any damage to your laptop,
should a third-party battery be involved.

And they'd be correct.

Notan

Old September 17th 06, 07:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

Kevin M wrote:

"Notan" wrote in message
Kevin M wrote:

snip

Any particular reason you exclusively recommend the Dell?

With all the recent battery crap going on, I highly doubt that
Dell would feel at all responsible for any damage to your laptop,
should a third-party battery be involved.

And they'd be correct.

Notan

From what I've been reading, Dell has had its share of issues with
batteries.

Absolutely.

(By the way, the exploding batteries were manufactured by Sony.)

If your laptop was ever damaged, secondary to a defective battery,
Dell would cover the damage if, and only if, you were using a Dell
approved (i.e., a Dell brand) battery.

Notan
Old September 17th 06, 10:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Steve W.

Kevin M wrote:
"Lez Pawl" wrote in message
doug wrote in message ...
[...]

One reason I can think of easily.
You know it will work and charge in your machine. Been a LOT of people
who buy aftermarket batteries for laptops and find that because they
lack the ID circuitry in them the factory charger doesn't work with them.

Another is warranty issues. Dell will not cover damage resulting from
using a non-Dell battery.

--
Steve W.

Old September 18th 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Kevin M wrote:
Any particular reason you exclusively recommend the Dell?

In my case, a replacement Dell original battery was the cheapest option by
about 30%. ymmv.

Pete.

Old September 18th 06, 01:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Kevin M

"Notan" wrote in message
Kevin M wrote:

"Notan" wrote in message
Kevin M wrote:

snip

Any particular reason you exclusively recommend the Dell?

With all the recent battery crap going on, I highly doubt that
Dell would feel at all responsible for any damage to your laptop,
should a third-party battery be involved.

And they'd be correct.

Notan

From what I've been reading, Dell has had its share of issues with
batteries.

Absolutely.

(By the way, the exploding batteries were manufactured by Sony.)

If your laptop was ever damaged, secondary to a defective battery,
Dell would cover the damage if, and only if, you were using a Dell
approved (i.e., a Dell brand) battery.

Notan

Yes, I guess that is true.

Old September 20th 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
doug

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:09:56 -0500, doug wrote:

[...]

Well to end this thread, I ended up buying from www.pacificbattery.com
and it was delivered as promised and was the exact same battery as
before (Dell brand, 53Wh). End of story.

Thanks to all who replied.