Mouse won't get recognized...

Old September 12th 06, 12:29 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Anita Hotmann-Nowe

Default Mouse won't get recognized...

And I don't mean by The Academy...

I have a Dell Dim.Desk 8200

I have 4 usb ports and all of them are filled (Lord knows I'd love to
be, but I digress...)

I have an adapter for my the mouse, a little green adapter to insert
into the mouse jack in the back.

HOWEVER, when I try to use it back there, it won't work, and I try an
re-boot to see if it will recognize the mouse, it dose not

Also, I've tried to plug the mouse in one of the USB ports in the front
on the computer and I get "but I get an error on boot up saying "please
plug mouse/keyboard in the back" Why on earth would "Karen" (my
computer) care where I plug the damn thing?

Any ideas?

Ta~!
Old September 12th 06, 12:37 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Anita Hotmann-Nowe" wrote in message
And I don't mean by The Academy...

I have a Dell Dim.Desk 8200

I have 4 usb ports and all of them are filled (Lord knows I'd love to be,
but I digress...)

I have an adapter for my the mouse, a little green adapter to insert into
the mouse jack in the back.

HOWEVER, when I try to use it back there, it won't work, and I try an
re-boot to see if it will recognize the mouse, it dose not

Also, I've tried to plug the mouse in one of the USB ports in the front on
the computer and I get "but I get an error on boot up saying "please plug
mouse/keyboard in the back" Why on earth would "Karen" (my computer) care
where I plug the damn thing?

Any ideas?

Ta~!

Because the front jacks go through an internal hub and the rear jacks don't
(at least that is my guess).

Have you thought about using a hub for some of your devices opening a spot
for the mouse?

That said, it should work with the adapter.

Tom

Old September 12th 06, 12:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Anita Hotmann-Nowe" wrote in message
And I don't mean by The Academy...

I have a Dell Dim.Desk 8200

I have 4 usb ports and all of them are filled (Lord knows I'd love to be,
but I digress...)

I have an adapter for my the mouse, a little green adapter to insert into
the mouse jack in the back.

HOWEVER, when I try to use it back there, it won't work, and I try an
re-boot to see if it will recognize the mouse, it dose not

Also, I've tried to plug the mouse in one of the USB ports in the front on
the computer and I get "but I get an error on boot up saying "please plug
mouse/keyboard in the back" Why on earth would "Karen" (my computer) care
where I plug the damn thing?

Any ideas?

Ta~!

crosspost beaten to a whimpering pulp and removed

Easy. Just expand your USB ports:

Another alternative would be to get a USB keyboard with a hub built-in with
another 1-2 ports.

Old September 12th 06, 12:43 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Anita Hotmann-Nowe

Tom Scales wrote:
[...]

Well, I really don't need a hub right now. I should be able to plug this
mouse with adapter and "CASE CLOSED" but unfortunately it's not working...

this may seem like a dumb question but, does grc's unpnp activated have
anything to do with the computer not recognizing my mouse? It worked in
the mouse port just fine on my old dell (that ancient T550).

*sigh*
Old September 12th 06, 12:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Anita Hotmann-Nowe

2 SNAPS UP IN A CIRCLE

crosspost beaten to a whimpering pulp and removed

Oh... That's Hot...

*cough* anyway, but why would you have any problem with that other
newsgroup?

You don't like those folks from 24hoursupport.helpdesk?
Old September 12th 06, 02:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Many people who inhabit other newsgroups do not know a darn thing about Dell
computers, and sometimes give totally incorrect responses. Not that Dell
computers are all that kinky, but they do have their idiosyncracies.

As a rule, avoid cross-posting... Ben Myers

2 SNAPS UP IN A CIRCLE

Old September 12th 06, 03:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Anita Hotmann-Nowe" wrote in message
2 SNAPS UP IN A CIRCLE

crosspost beaten to a whimpering pulp and removed

Oh... That's Hot...

*cough* anyway, but why would you have any problem with that other
newsgroup?

You don't like those folks from 24hoursupport.helpdesk?

crosspost slashed.....again

I don't care for crossposts, as they seldom result in anything helpful and
usually lots of long threads with either flames or bad information.

That said, I did my best to answer your question after removing the
crosspost, which I will do again since you see no issue with it.

Buy a USB hub, that will fix you right up.

Stew

Old September 12th 06, 07:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Muse Gruppes

spost, which I will do again since you see no issue with it.

Buy a USB hub, that will fix you right up.

SNORP

no, it won't, I want to use my mouse in the mouse port, period, that's
what I need help with, I don't need a usb hub, I'll just get more errors
telling me my USB ports are overrun (I've gotten that error 4 times) I'd
like to free up things for my usbs and put it in the proper Mouse port.

Any help?

Anyone?
Old September 12th 06, 08:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Anita Hotmann-Nowe wrote:
this may seem like a dumb question but, does grc's unpnp activated
have anything to do with the computer not recognizing my mouse?

xpost removed

This may seem like a dumb answer, but have you tried removing unpnp and
seeing if the mouse now works?

Also, try the mouse in another computer, just to check that it's not the
mouse at fault, and try an older mouse (one which doesn't need the green
adapter) in your computer. This may give some useful information.

Regards,

Pete.

Old September 12th 06, 05:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Muse Gruppes" wrote in message

spost, which I will do again since you see no issue with it.

Buy a USB hub, that will fix you right up.

SNORP

no, it won't, I want to use my mouse in the mouse port, period, that's
what I need help with, I don't need a usb hub, I'll just get more errors
telling me my USB ports are overrun (I've gotten that error 4 times) I'd
like to free up things for my usbs and put it in the proper Mouse port.

Any help?

Anyone?

Then by all means shut down all of your computing over a PS2 port. You also
don't factually know that removing load from the system board USB
controllers to a single board controller with all devices connected to said
hub might not make any significant difference or improvement.

But wait, you DO know.

I'm out.

1st PC build [email protected] General 28 September 9th 06 10:04 PM
USB mouse not recognized on Inspiron 8600 and Latitude D800 [email protected] Dell Computers 3 March 12th 05 05:14 PM
ATA100 hard drive not recognized when PS/2 mouse is not attached S. Lipson Homebuilt PC's 2 July 27th 04 09:55 PM
Mouse doesn't move byteryder General 3 July 5th 03 11:54 PM
PS2 mouse not recognized JMMach General 3 June 28th 03 03:35 AM