presario 4764 power supply start up ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 22nd 03, 03:13 PM
Kevin Falconer

Default presario 4764 power supply start up ?

I was just given a presario 4764 that had been working but then just quit..
no fan, no boot up, nothing. I installed a new power supply and still nothing.
I'm told the power supply will not come on without a signal from the MB. Anyone
know if perhaps a dead battery supply on the MB would prevent the main power
supply from coming on ? I have a hard time believing I got a bad power supply.
I dont want to dump the computer if perhaps a new battery on the MB will fire
up the power supply, thanks in advance for any comments.

Kevin Falconer Fort Myers, FL

Grinding Power Supply? PawsForThought General 37 October 9th 03 04:33 PM
How can I make motherboard to restart after power loss automatically? Amiran General 1 September 24th 03 11:35 PM
Power Surge David LeBrun General 44 September 12th 03 02:35 AM
Power Supply on its way out? w_tom General 5 July 31st 03 03:43 PM
Power Supply Gone Bad? John General 4 July 22nd 03 08:42 PM