Need Driver for Packard Bell onboard sound

Old January 27th 05, 05:41 PM
Len

Default Need Driver for Packard Bell onboard sound

I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but no software for it. It has onboard
sound but I can't seem to find any way to figure out the manufacturer of the
O/B sound so that I can find a driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem to
have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if I
search the SN. Any ideas?
Len

Old January 27th 05, 06:32 PM
Elector

"Len" wrote in message
I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but no software for it. It has onboard
sound but I can't seem to find any way to figure out the manufacturer of
the O/B sound so that I can find a driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem
to have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if
I search the SN. Any ideas?
Len

The sound is more than likely a Aztech Sound System http://www/aztech.ca
which is a dead site since they are now out of business.

However you can go to http://www.drivers.com sing up for a free account and
then look under Packard Bell and place the model number into the search box.
It will more than likely have the older drivers you need.

I hope I helped?

Elector

Old January 27th 05, 07:17 PM
*

You need to identify your onboard sound. Try www.belarc.com or
www.pcpitstop.com to help identify the product. You may be able to find the
driver at one of the following locations. Happy hunting.

www.soundcard-drivers.com
www.driverguide.com
www.driverscollection.com
www.windrivers.com

"Len" wrote, "I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but

Old March 3rd 05, 10:17 AM
Christo

"Len" wrote in message
I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but no software for it. It has onboard
sound but I can't seem to find any way to figure out the manufacturer of
the O/B sound so that I can find a driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem
to have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if
I search the SN. Any ideas?
Len

download SiSift Sandra 2005

it has tools to tell you the sound manufacturer their website (sound
manufacturer) will have drivers

Old March 3rd 05, 12:22 PM
RRR_News

Len,
PriorityOne Support should have the driver downloads for your old PB. You
will need to register an email address with them. Then look under the
"Drivers" section Click on Packard Bell. Under System Configuration, you
can try using the Serial No. of the unit to find how the PC was setup when
purchased. Since you mentioned that you don't have any software for it. I
would take the time, download all the files needed for the unit. You never
know, when this site may vanish from the internet.

http://priorityonesupport.com/

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate