Compaq N610c

Old June 11th 05, 12:13 AM
Tek

Default Compaq N610c

Don't understand this one.

Have an N610c notebook.

When I switch it on I get the Compaq logo and the usual "press F10 to enter
setup" Then the screen goes blank and XP boots up. The reason I know this
is because you hear the XP startup tune.

Also if you do press F10 to go into setup the screen goes blank.

If you plug in an external CRT monitor you can see the bios settings, or if
XP boots up, you can see the XP desktop.

So to summarize - when you switch on notebook the screen has a brief sign of
life and then nothing.

Has anybody any idea what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

D.

Old June 11th 05, 03:00 AM
Kevin Childers

Just as a SWAG, could it be set to CRT (external) vs. LCD (internal).
Old 486 laptop I keep around just for DOS Telnet/terminal apps is like that.
As I recall, on boot it loads w/the LCD display running and then switches to
CRT, or at least that is what I recall from the last time I had a CRT hooked
up to it.

KC

k...

Old August 16th 05, 11:55 AM
spud42

hi. try pressing fn -F4

fn button in bottom left of keyboard.. this toggles between lcd.. lcd and
crt.... crt only.....then back to lcd...etc....
i work for compaq/hp....and am typing on a n610c right now....

Old August 17th 05, 11:34 PM
ikenfixit

Inverter or backlight?? Shine a light on the screen and see if the
video is operating in the background.. (Without ext. Monitor)....

FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 1 May 29th 05 07:18 PM
FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 1 March 15th 05 06:50 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM