My Canon i550 printer refuses to print in colour

Old August 22nd 06, 11:11 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default My Canon i550 printer refuses to print in colour

Don't you just hate it when something goes wrong over which you seem to
have no control?

My Canon i550 has generally not acted up much, but today it simply
refuses to print in colour. All the ink cartridges are loaded and in
position; I've cleaned the heads; I've switched it off, I've unplugged
it and plugged it back in. I tried printing from another computer and
get the same results, so it's definitely the printer.

I'm trying to print from an iMac O/S 9.5

Anybody out there got any suggestions?

Jelby

Old August 23rd 06, 02:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Al Deveron

On 22 Aug 2006 15:11:45 -0700, wrote:

Don't you just hate it when something goes wrong over which you seem to
have no control?

My Canon i550 has generally not acted up much, but today it simply
refuses to print in colour. All the ink cartridges are loaded and in
position; I've cleaned the heads; I've switched it off, I've unplugged
it and plugged it back in. I tried printing from another computer and
get the same results, so it's definitely the printer.

I'm trying to print from an iMac O/S 9.5

Anybody out there got any suggestions?

My Canon i560 did exactly the same thing a few days ago. I tried
resetting it using the prescribed sequence of button pushing, but it
made no difference. I have come to the conclusion that the print head
may have died. You might compare a print head to a light bulb: it's
inevitably going to die sooner or later. I had done a lot of printing
with that one print head (many thousands of sheets). I didn't try
replacing the head, so I still don't know for sure if that was the
problem. In view of the cost of a new print head, and the fact that a
new print head was not necessarily going to cure the problem, I
decided to buy a new printer instead, which of course includes a new
print head, new ink cartridges, and a year's guarantee - which I will
void by using refill ink, but that's beside the point. ;-)

Al D