Replacing CPU cooler - GA-K8NXP-SLI

Old July 11th 05, 08:02 PM
BillL

Default Replacing CPU cooler - GA-K8NXP-SLI

Hi,

Thinking of replacing the stock cooler that came with my A64 3200+ and was
wondering if there were any particular issues with the above board. For
example would one of the big Zalman coolers fit with the DPS module
installed and would I need to un-install the motherboard?

TIA

BillL

Old July 22nd 05, 05:36 AM
theDude

"" wrote:
Hi,

Thinking of replacing the stock cooler that came with my A64
3200+ and was
wondering if there were any particular issues with the above
board. For
example would one of the big Zalman coolers fit with the DPS
module
installed and would I need to un-install the motherboard?

TIA

BillL

HI Bill,

I currently run:

GA-K8NXP-SLI
AMD 64 3500+
2 * 1gb Corsair PRO DDR
Gigabyte PCIe 6600GT
Zalman Flower AlCu 8800 (well the big one anyway!)

It works a treat. Only issues:

- can’t install the Dual Power daughterboard
- not a lot of room between RAM and cooler, but not a problem for
cooling the RAM (in fact it helps).

The mounting will probably mean you need to remove the mobo from the
case, as you need access to the back of it (from memory)

CHeers,
theDude

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict58772.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300131
Old July 22nd 05, 01:01 PM
Andy Lee

On 22 Jul 2005 00:36:04 -0400, theDude
wrote:

"" wrote:
[...]

The smaller Zalman will fit (7700cu)?with the DPS fitted but only just
about 5mm tween them. You will need to remove the MB from the case. If
the main reason is noise try un plugging the fan on the DPS H/S it's a
real noisy bugger. I also replaced the HSF on my Gainward GT6600 GLH
with an Artic Cooling solution which helped a lot.
Old July 22nd 05, 07:54 PM
BillL

wrote:

"" wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the replies (I thought no one had seen my postion!). I'll have to
put any buying on hold at the moment - got a finacial star well on its way
to becoming a black hole! ;o)

BillL