ASUS Board recommendation please

Old May 15th 12, 10:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
QX

Default ASUS Board recommendation please

I need a recommendation for a new MB. I have always had great luck
with ASUS so I want to stay with them.

I use it for web browsing, a few (non powerhouse) games,
USENET, mail, Office Suite applications and education.

A homeowner based home floorplan program for renovation.

Main use is Adobe Photoshop Elements for photo correction, and
manipulation, then storage.

I have been thinking about the Sabertooth Z77 board with 16 GB of
memory. I am not an overclocker, I just put them together, and use
them the way they are with default settings. To stay current,
I do want to use the i7 Ivy Bridge device. Once together I run the
machine for about 5 years and then build another.

Suggestions? Comments?
Thanks in advance.
Old May 16th 12, 12:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Percival P. Cassidy

On 05/15/12 05:25 pm, QX wrote:

I need a recommendation for a new MB. I have always had great luck
with ASUS so I want to stay with them.

I use it for web browsing, a few (non powerhouse) games,
USENET, mail, Office Suite applications and education.

A homeowner based home floorplan program for renovation.

Main use is Adobe Photoshop Elements for photo correction, and
manipulation, then storage.

I have been thinking about the Sabertooth Z77 board with 16 GB of
memory. I am not an overclocker, I just put them together, and use
them the way they are with default settings. To stay current,
I do want to use the i7 Ivy Bridge device. Once together I run the
machine for about 5 years and then build another.

Suggestions? Comments?
Thanks in advance.

Do you have a particular reason for preferring an Intel CPU over an AMD one?

Perce

Old May 16th 12, 07:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
QX

On Tue, 15 May 2012 19:00:04 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 05/15/12 05:25 pm, QX wrote:

I need a recommendation for a new MB. I have always had great luck
with ASUS so I want to stay with them.

I use it for web browsing, a few (non powerhouse) games,
USENET, mail, Office Suite applications and education.

A homeowner based home floorplan program for renovation.

Main use is Adobe Photoshop Elements for photo correction, and
manipulation, then storage.

I have been thinking about the Sabertooth Z77 board with 16 GB of
memory. I am not an overclocker, I just put them together, and use
them the way they are with default settings. To stay current,
I do want to use the i7 Ivy Bridge device. Once together I run the
machine for about 5 years and then build another.

Suggestions? Comments?
Thanks in advance.

Do you have a particular reason for preferring an Intel CPU over an AMD one?

Perce

Have had Intel since my first build which was a "socket 5".
Just "always used them, never had a problem with them."

Old May 18th 12, 04:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
FolkGT

wrote:

On 05/15/12 05:25 pm, QX wrote:

[...]

And TBH, at this point in time Intel has a superior part. (I've used both
in the past and have no fanboy preference.)