Nvidia 175.19's pulled

Old July 2nd 08, 03:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
edde

Default Nvidia 175.19's pulled

You are correct. The people bitching that XP is a beast and Vista sucks are
the SAME people five years ago who bitched that XP was bloated and only real
gamers use 98. Prior to that, 98 was a turd and 95 was the only gaming OS.
Back when XP was realeased and I was happily running it for years, these
people were clinging to 98 like death would befall them if they switched.
Finally they were forced to switch, and now cling tightly to XP.

See a pattern here? I GUARANTEEEEE that in a few years when the next OS
comes out, these people will be rejoicing over the abilities of Vista vs the
bloated new OS.

It happens every time, and I'm shocked that people seem to forget this.

"The Coward Robert Ford" wrote in message
"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in
:

That's Vista and no one cares about gaming performance while using
Vista. If they did, they would not be using Vista. XP still has the
.16's listed.

Vista performs pretty much on par with XP now in games so cut the BS.
There
are plenty of articles out there that prove that. At least with Vista64 I
actually get to make use of the full 4GB I have installed.

Old July 2nd 08, 07:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
The Coward Robert Ford

Folk wrote in
:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/default.mspx

XP64 was just the beta for Vista64. Already ran the beta and don't want it.
Vista64 is better. You Vista haters are just parrots regurgitating BS
coming from the noob journalists.
Old July 2nd 08, 07:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
The Coward Robert Ford

"edde" wrote in
:

You are correct. The people bitching that XP is a beast and Vista
sucks are the SAME people five years ago who bitched that XP was
bloated and only real gamers use 98. Prior to that, 98 was a turd and
95 was the only gaming OS. Back when XP was realeased and I was
happily running it for years, these people were clinging to 98 like
death would befall them if they switched. Finally they were forced to
switch, and now cling tightly to XP.

See a pattern here? I GUARANTEEEEE that in a few years when the next
OS comes out, these people will be rejoicing over the abilities of
Vista vs the bloated new OS.

It happens every time, and I'm shocked that people seem to forget
this.

Yep, that's about the size of it. Vista has some real worthwhile
improvements over XP. I will say though that 64bit computing in general
does make compatibility with old software a bit more of a problem than XP
32bit ever was. That's why I have another PC sitting here right next to my
Vista64 PC with XP on it. These people completeling bashing Vista all the
time with no facts to back them up are just annoying Luddites.
Old July 3rd 08, 03:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim Beard[_2_]

edde wrote:
You are correct. The people bitching that XP is a beast and Vista sucks
are the SAME people five years ago who bitched that XP was bloated and
only real gamers use 98. Prior to that, 98 was a turd and 95 was the
only gaming OS. Back when XP was realeased and I was happily running it
for years, these people were clinging to 98 like death would befall them
if they switched. Finally they were forced to switch, and now cling
tightly to XP.

See a pattern here? I GUARANTEEEEE that in a few years when the next OS
comes out, these people will be rejoicing over the abilities of Vista vs
the bloated new OS.

It happens every time, and I'm shocked that people seem to forget this.

None of the above is in any way surprising. Every time M$loth comes
out with a new OS, it sucks. By the time it is replaced, most of the
obviously onerous bugs have been tamed, more or less, and it is the
replacement that (in comparison) sucks.

Those familiar with an industrial-strength operating system are quite
aware that the old rubbish is still rubbish, just not as smelly as
when freshly aromatic. And, faster hardware can make even rubbish
do a more acceptable job.

No cheers.

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.
Old July 3rd 08, 08:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
The Coward Robert Ford

Jim Beard wrote in
technologies:

"M$loth"

Using disparaging crap like the above does nothing for your credibility.
Most of us are not interested in an indutrial-strenght OS either. If it
can't play Bioshock, Oblivion etc. then it is of little use to us. Your
indutrial-strenght OS's have a poor record of supporting newer hardware too
and usually become a cluster-**** from just doing a simple thing like
changing to another make of video card.
Old July 3rd 08, 10:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
nospam

"The Coward Robert Ford" wrote in message news:l4%ak.52886$Jx.302@pd7urf1no...
Jim Beard wrote in
technologies:

"M$loth"

Using disparaging crap like the above does nothing for your credibility.
Most of us are not interested in an indutrial-strenght OS either. If it
can't play Bioshock, Oblivion etc. then it is of little use to us. Your
indutrial-strenght OS's have a poor record of supporting newer hardware too
and usually become a cluster-**** from just doing a simple thing like
changing to another make of video card.

Or adding DVD support. Or video capture hardware. Or or or or.

I'd be the last person to disparage *nix-based OS's for server use,
but they're still a cruel joke for desktops and 90+% of the computing
world.

Old July 3rd 08, 08:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

The Coward Robert Ford wrote:
Jim Beard wrote in
technologies:

"M$loth"

Using disparaging crap like the above does nothing for your credibility.
Most of us are not interested in an indutrial-strenght OS either. If it
can't play Bioshock, Oblivion etc. then it is of little use to us. Your
indutrial-strenght OS's have a poor record of supporting newer hardware too
and usually become a cluster-**** from just doing a simple thing like
changing to another make of video card.

Do you have a point to make? We try and help people with their technical
problems in this NG, not bloviate.
Old July 4th 08, 01:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim Beard[_2_]

The Coward Robert Ford wrote:
Jim Beard wrote in
technologies:

"M$loth"

Using disparaging crap like the above does nothing for your credibility.
Most of us are not interested in an indutrial-strenght OS either.

YPYM, YTYP.

Cheers!

jim b.

Old July 5th 08, 12:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
The Coward Robert Ford

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in
:

Do you have a point to make? We try and help people with their
technical problems in this NG, not bloviate.

I made a very good point directed at Jim Beard. If it went over your head
then it is not my fault you are too stupid to get it.
Old July 5th 08, 12:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
The Coward Robert Ford

Jim Beard wrote in
technologies:

YPYM, YTYP.

http://forum.pipes.org/~discus/discu...tml?1143164555

I see you are fond of using that acronym. Too bad you are the only one who
knows what it means, or who actually cares.