Coffee Filter = Dust Filter ?

Old May 11th 04, 07:21 AM
Daniel P

Default Coffee Filter = Dust Filter ?

Call me cheap, but can you use a coffee filter for a case dust filter?

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"

Old May 11th 04, 08:58 AM
tHatDudeUK

"Daniel P" wrote in message
Call me cheap, but can you use a coffee filter for a case dust filter?

I'd recommend not doing it. I had an equally "fantastic" idea a while back.
Use a vacuum filter, little did I know these things are inches thick and any
airflow with those 80mm fans would be minimal.

A coffee filter might be too thin. So long as it catches dust though it's
doing its job.

AFAIK there's a place that sells a pack of them in various colours. Can't
remember where though, sorry. I hope someone can help you out.

Old May 11th 04, 09:46 AM
bill

In article Xh_nc.134551$Qy.16360@fed1read04,
says...
Call me cheap, but can you use a coffee filter for a case dust filter?

Would that be before or after you used it to make coffee?

Bill
Old May 11th 04, 09:53 AM
rstlne

"Daniel P" wrote in message
Call me cheap, but can you use a coffee filter for a case dust filter?

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and

it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"

I would think it's going to get block'd verry quickly and not let much (if
any) air through.
You cant stop 100% of the dust from getting into your system but if your
really paranoid then you could just go to watercool'd and seal up the case
fully from the ouside (leave 1 fan on the inside just for case circulation)

Old May 11th 04, 11:56 AM
Sune Storgaard

Daniel P mumbled his insignificant opinion in:
Xh_nc.134551$Qy.16360@fed1read04

Call me cheap, but can you use a coffee filter for a case dust filter?

It wouldnt allow much airflow, a pantyhose might work better.

We know you wear them on daily basis, so just grab one of those ;-)

Old May 11th 04, 01:16 PM
Mudfish\(Co30\)

The filter material used for in vent hot air heating
filtering works great. Traps dust and keeps the
bunnies out.

Its so cheap when it gets dirty you simply throw it away.

About a buck eighty at Walmart for eight or 10 12"X4"
filters. Can be cut to any size with scissors and held
anywhere with duck or double sided sticky tape.

--
{{ MudFish (Co30){('

www.Co30.com
"Careful with that Axe Eugene."

Old May 11th 04, 10:59 PM
rms

www.overclockers.com has a dust filter article up now. Take a look!

rms

Old May 12th 04, 12:12 AM
bluestringer

"Daniel P" wrote in message
Call me cheap, but can you use a coffee filter for a case dust filter?

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and

it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"

Cut one from some AC filter material available at local home improvement
stores. Works great.

bluestringer

Microsoft shortens Windows name Yousuf Khan AMD x86-64 Processors 180 September 24th 04 04:42 AM
dust provention? James General 8 July 2nd 04 01:42 AM
Interesthing thing on toxic dust in computers [email protected] General 7 June 22nd 04 10:23 PM
Health hazard working on old PC systems - incredible amounts of dust and sooty ka ka [email protected] General 11 May 4th 04 04:55 PM
AM radio noise Randy General 27 July 27th 03 05:02 PM