Nvidia 175.19's pulled

Old July 5th 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim Beard[_2_]

Default Nvidia 175.19's pulled

The Coward Robert Ford wrote:
Jim Beard wrote in
technologies:

YPYM, YTYP.

http://forum.pipes.org/~discus/discu...tml?1143164555

I see you are fond of using that acronym. Too bad you are the only one who
knows what it means, or who actually cares.

You pays your money, you takes your pick.

But those who favor Micro$loth (yes, I like that word, too)
may neither know what that means, nor care.

You can lead a pc user to Linux, but you cannot make him think.
And life goes on....

jim b.
--
UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.
Old July 6th 08, 08:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant

On 6/28/2008 8:42 PM PT, Mr.E Solved! typed:

oldwolf wrote:
The above drivers are no longer available from the Nvidia website.
Seems they had a slight problem with them, ie. reduced frames in
testing and benches.
They have left the 175.16's available, even though people have
reported minor problems with them.

Just rechecked the web site and definitely not there.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

The 175.19s are probably the best drivers I've used on a GeForce8 class
card yet while the 175.16's were undeniably the worst and I have used
*all* of them.

The irony of that have swirled in me a perfect storm of astonishment. I
can't wait to see the next act in the NVidia tragi-comedy.

175.16 broke my CRT TV out issue, and I had go back to 174.74 beta (yes,
beta!). I don't know if 175.19 fixed it or not.
--
"If ants are such busy workers, how come they find time to go to all the
picnics?" --Marie Dressler
\ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or