Need some advice..

Old June 10th 05, 05:12 PM
andrew

Default Need some advice..

Phil Williamson wrote:

I need a virus scanner since norton 2005 isn't picking up anything on my
system and I'm pretty sure I've got a virus. Can anyone recommend anything?

AVG

Also, I need a program so I can convert and burn divx and such to dvd
format..

DVDSanta

Old June 10th 05, 08:08 PM
Ian Oxley

Phil Williamson wrote:
Hi all...

I need a virus scanner since norton 2005 isn't picking up anything on my
system and I'm pretty sure I've got a virus. Can anyone recommend anything?

Also, I need a program so I can convert and burn divx and such to dvd
format..

Thanx guys!

Avast Anti-Virus is the business.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0523-6, 09/06/2005
Tested on: 10/06/2005 20:08:54

Old June 10th 05, 11:20 PM
Kill Bill

Hi all...

Yep, AVG http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1 and VSO Divx to DVD
http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

Old June 11th 05, 05:46 AM
Charles C. Drew

Are you sure it's a virus and not spyware? There may be a lot of problems with Norton Antivirus 2005 but correctly identifying viruses is not one of them.

Try downloading and installing some spyware scanners...

SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.4

AdAware 1.3

Old June 11th 05, 09:38 PM
Immuno

While you're at it - get a decent third-party fire wall.

Personally, I prefer something like Sygate Pesonal Firewall http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm

It can be a pain in the arse when you first set it up because it keeps asking you if the most trivial of routines can access the internet - but its well worth it. Once set up and configured, you soon know if something "naughty" has somehow crept onto your harddrive.

Pete

Old June 13th 05, 10:10 AM
Carl

Nod32 for antivirus, it is good, and isnt a greedy ******* on resources
either

Old June 16th 05, 04:17 PM
Chris Streeter

Wow, I am a HUGE fan of nod32. It gets really good ratings, aces all the
tests and can scan about 2x the speed of norton. I'm happy someone suggested
it, as it is a very very good virus scanner. Cheers!
Chris