Acer HELL: What PCI video card can I use ????

Old May 29th 04, 08:04 PM

Default Acer HELL: What PCI video card can I use ????

I just bought a Diamond Stealth S80, 128 megs...nice. Installed it in my Aspire (not sure what model it is.anybody can tell me how to tell what model it is ?),.
anyway, it froze up...would not boot past the XP entry screen. No matter what I tried, it did not work. I program for a living, so Im not exactly a newbie at these things.
So, I want to know two things: has anyone successfully used a Stealth in as Aspire, and if not, what do you use ? PCI only please, as this computer has no AGP
(you get what you pay for!)

Old May 30th 04, 05:46 PM
Good Man

Ladyhawke@home wrote in :

I just bought a Diamond Stealth S80, 128 megs...nice. Installed it in
my Aspire (not sure what model it is.anybody can tell me how to tell
what model it is ?),. anyway, it froze up...would not boot past the XP
entry screen.

did you remove all your other video card drivers? wipe the registry clean
of any references to them too?

video cards are notoriously a hassle to replace, especially if your new
card comes from a different manufacturer than your original card.