Unable to attach, fax, or print

Old December 21st 04, 08:11 AM
NicholasName

Default Unable to attach, fax, or print

Not completely dead in the water, but not exactly pulling with both oars.

Not sure what caused this, but I was able to to fax, print, and attach
files to e-mails previously. Then, whatever happened, happened, and now I
can't perform any of those three functions - at all. When trying to
attach a file (doesn't matter what it is) to an outgoing e-mail (I use
Outlook, and Yahoo Mail) it fails every time. In Yahoo Mail I get the
"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience." message. (I'm sorry, too.)

In Outlook, I just get an "Undeliverable" message from the System
Administrator.

I'm also unable to print (from any application), or fax. I can receive
faxes, and I can receive and open e-mail attachments.

Any clues would be most appreciated.

God bless!

Dave

aka "Nick Name"

Old December 22nd 04, 03:39 AM
Not So Tiny Tim

Save all your files to CD, reformat and reinstall. Yuz possessed!

lkaboutcomputing.com...

Old December 22nd 04, 12:05 PM
Chuck

"NicholasName" wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
Not completely dead in the water, but not exactly pulling with both oars.

Not sure what caused this, but I was able to to fax, print, and attach
files to e-mails previously. Then, whatever happened, happened, and now I
can't perform any of those three functions - at all. When trying to
attach a file (doesn't matter what it is) to an outgoing e-mail (I use
Outlook, and Yahoo Mail) it fails every time. In Yahoo Mail I get the
"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience." message. (I'm sorry, too.)

Hi Nick,

See if the following works:

Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close

Starting up in "Safe mode with Network support" seems to bypass this problem
and
IE fuctions normally. This leads me to believe that some third party program
is causing
the problem.

* Here is the workaround i found that worked for me. Go to Control Panel,
Internet options.
Next, go to Advance Tab.
Uncheck "Enable third party browser extension"
Click OK *

ru resourceful? help me print from nt4ws to winme canon pixma 3000 (usn has nt4 usb drivers?) Bob Cooper Homebuilt PC's 1 December 5th 04 11:28 AM
Print Server Steven Homebuilt PC's 2 October 1st 04 01:21 PM
Print Server Steven Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 02:47 AM
Non print problem Wsimon9 Ati Videocards 1 February 10th 04 03:42 AM
Compaq IJ200 Print Drivers for Windows XP Dick Compaq Computers 0 November 17th 03 05:13 AM