Strange Device Manager issue!

Old August 13th 04, 03:28 PM
John Smith

Default Strange Device Manager issue!

Long winded strange issue running fx5700 with 61.76 DualView.

In Device Manager under Monitor there are (5) occurrences of monitor
running. All which are named correctly SyncMaster 191T (Digital).

In the Monitor tab under settings Monitor type is Default Monitor

Display Properties

1. (Default Monitor) on NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra

2. (Default Monitor) on NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra

Both are running DVI in Portrait mode (Rotated 90degrees) as set.

2 issues

1) Why are they being call (Default Monitor(instead of correct device name)
under setting and within Nvidia control panel?

Why this matters is that it looks like the monitor driver is not being
set by card.

2) Why are there (5) occurances running in device manager.

TIA

Old August 15th 04, 12:55 AM
First of One

When I used to run a GF3, whenever I updated my Dets, the monitor driver had
to be reloaded. Did you have to reinstall the monitor INF when you installed
the 61.76s?

Delete all five entries in Device Manager, reboot, and perhaps Windows will
detect the monitor as "unknown" and ask you for the monitor drivers again.

. ..

Is this decent? 1411 Homebuilt PC's 5 February 25th 05 09:19 PM
Help me - I don't understand USB entries in Device Manager [email protected] General 0 October 26th 04 01:02 PM
Display Adapters, Monitor, BIOS and Device manager (WAS: Floppy Disk(s) Fail (40) JP Asus Motherboards 3 January 9th 04 04:36 PM
Device Manager info. FJohns6675 General 1 October 19th 03 12:35 AM
3.8 drivers and ATI 9600 - Device Manager shows 4 monitors!! Don Enderton Ati Videocards 1 October 15th 03 09:37 AM