P750 opinions

Old June 22nd 03, 05:26 PM
Keith Clark

Default P750 opinions

I'm using a G400 Max and about to build a new system. I'm thinking op
upgrading to a P750 in the new box. One requirement is the card run
dual-head in Linux. I see on the support site they have RedHat 9 specific
drivers so that's a plus. The G400 has been working great in dualhead in
Linux since XFree86 4.3 came out...

I'd like to be able to get better gaming performance too (Win2K - dual
boot). How does the P750 do in gaming?

What about bugs, issues with the drivers? I didn't see any P750 postings
in the forum (Linux) so I suppose that's a good thing.

One thing that bugged me about the G400 is the lack of overlay on the
second head. I can only play back video on the primary head using overlay.
Has this been improved on the P750?

Please don't just quote the specs, I only want to hear from people who
actually have used the P750 and their impressions.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

--Keith