SATA & SCSI, SATA link & SATA Raid

Old November 28th 04, 08:23 PM
Aldo Larrabiata

Default SATA & SCSI, SATA link & SATA Raid

I'm looking to add a 120 GB SATA HD to my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Ver 1.4.
I already have two 40 GB IDE disks and three SCSI.

1°) First I shall configure the BIOS in order to boot on the SCSI first.
Then I shall also disable the booting capabilities of the SCSI 2940UW
adapter.
* Then what shall I do more ?

2°) When I searched drivers through the net, I found Asus providing an old
version 1.0.0.22 (the same as I have on the CD ROM) and Silicon Image
providing Ver 1.0.0.51.
* I'm wandering if there will be any trouble with the newer Silicon Image's
one. Any experiences ?

3°) It appears there are two kinds of drivers: SATA link and SATA Raid.
Are SATA link intended for IDE/SATA Adapters ? If not what type shall I use
?

Thanks in advance

Old December 2nd 04, 09:27 PM
Aldo Larrabiata

Re-submission and apologies if already answered,I missed it.

"Aldo Larrabiata" a écrit dans le message news:
I'm looking to add a 120 GB SATA HD to my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Ver 1.4.
I already have two 40 GB IDE disks and three SCSI.

1°) First I shall configure the BIOS in order to boot on the SCSI first.
Then I shall also disable the booting capabilities of the SCSI 2940UW
adapter.
* Then what shall I do more ?

2°) When I searched drivers through the net, I found Asus providing an old
version 1.0.0.22 (the same as I have on the CD ROM) and Silicon Image
providing Ver 1.0.0.51.
* I'm wandering if there will be any trouble with the newer Silicon Image's
one. Any experiences ?

3°) It appears there are two kinds of drivers: SATA link and SATA Raid.
Are SATA link intended for IDE/SATA Adapters ? If not what type shall I use
?

Thanks in advance

Need help with SATA RAID 1 failure on A7N8X Delux Cameron Asus Motherboards 10 September 6th 04 11:50 PM
Asus P4C800 Deluxe ATA SATA and RAID Promise FastTrack 378 Drivers and more. Julian Asus Motherboards 2 August 11th 04 12:43 PM
SATA or U320 SCSI RAID? Shabam General 1 July 20th 04 07:21 PM
P4C800-E Delux: Setting up SATA Drives with RAID Will Asus Motherboards 13 July 12th 04 04:33 AM
P4C800 deluxe mirror raid as storage only OS on SATA drive Tim Asus Motherboards 0 July 18th 03 06:37 PM