Dual Channel DDR benchmark

Old September 19th 03, 01:54 AM

Default Dual Channel DDR benchmark

Hey I'm considering doing a pc for myself with the A7N8X. I'm not going to go with the
Athlon XP 3000, so I won't have a 400 FSB for my CPU. I'm going with the 2700/2800 if the
price gaps stay about the same. So thus I would be using DDR333 instead of 400 since it
make more sense. I have always used corsair when building pcs with this motherboard, but
I haven't seen any benchmarks comparing the same setup with dual channel ddr333 vs. single
channel ddr333. I would use 1024MB of ddr333. Anyone know were I could find a benmark
comparing single vs. dual corsair 1024MBddr333. I was pretty sure It wasn't a very big
difference but I wanted to know how much of a difference it was. Maybe even a comparison
of 512MB ddr333 vs 1024MB ddr333. So basically how much faster is 1024 vs 512 and how
much faster is single vs. dual. Just trying not to waste money on a machine that might not need
a really expensive part speed/cost wise relative to performance.

Old September 19th 03, 03:32 AM
AJ

On 19 Sep 2003 00:54:51 GMT, wrote:

[...]

Running a 2500+ @ 3200+ dual channel gives me a Sandra RAM score over
3000. That's with 256MB x2 XMS Corsair 400Mhz. The 400FSB might help
more than the dual channel. Single channel or even dual channel 333FSB
would be hard pressed to get 2700.

A7N8Xv2.0 DLX BIOS 1003

When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco
http://tinyurl.com/nlvl