A7N8X Deluxe stalls on boot

Old July 24th 03, 02:44 AM

Default A7N8X Deluxe stalls on boot

Just curious if anyone knows why my A7N8X deluxe would stall on "Verifying DMI data pool"
message on boot. I just got the board and am using corsair ram. I can't get it to boot to the
windows xp disk to install except for the first time I turned it on. I using an antec 400w power
supply. I tried reseting the CMOS witht he jumper on the board. Asus says that the board is most
likely faulty. I'm about to send it back to newegg.com but wanted to know if anyone recognized
these symptoms and might know if the board is actually not faulty. Just a quick long shot.

Old July 24th 03, 07:36 PM
Kent_dieGo

Just curious if anyone knows why my A7N8X deluxe would stall on "Verifying
DMI data pool"
message on boot. I just got the board and am using corsair ram. I can't

get it to boot to the

I have seen this as a problem auto-detecting harddrives. If you have HD set
as master, try CS (cable select) or removing jumper completely to see if
fixes.

-Kent

Old July 25th 03, 06:57 PM
Dogbert

Check your memory settings also. a friend of mine had the same board using
Kingston ram. His system would boot most of the time, but it was unstable
as hell. Turned out it was auto-detecting the wrong memory settings,
specifically the CAS/RAS delay. It was auto-setting to 2.0, but Kingstons'
web site said it should be 2.5. I changed it, and the board worked fine.
For about another month, then the board died, and we sent it back anyway.

Another think you may try is, make sure the "Plug and Play OS" feature in
the BIOS if OFF. I don't know about WinXP, but that can screw up Win2000.