OTish I want a stereo alarm clock with USB mp3 player

Old February 6th 18, 08:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Seymore4Head[_2_]

Default OTish I want a stereo alarm clock with USB mp3 player

I want an AC stereo alarm clock with USB mp3 player. Pretty basic
features. I want to be able to put mp3s on a USB stick and play for
30 min or so at night.

Anyone have one they want to recommend?

I am seeing USB clocks, but I have yet to see one with a USB port on
any of the previews. I suspect that USB might be a smaller version
than the USB I have on my thumb drive.

Old February 7th 18, 08:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 14:38:59 -0500, Seymore4Head
wrote:

I want an AC stereo alarm clock with USB mp3 player. Pretty basic
features. I want to be able to put mp3s on a USB stick and play for
30 min or so at night.

Anyone have one they want to recommend?

I am seeing USB clocks, but I have yet to see one with a USB port on
any of the previews. I suspect that USB might be a smaller version
than the USB I have on my thumb drive.

It'll be a transformer then, these days. Not many new units, Chinese
builds, that is which pretty much qualifies what you want to do with
USB. Many are also going to be, both or besides USB, Micro TF cards
(smartphone memory);- some compatibility issues with that, whereas USB
is basically don't exceed the unit's stated stick capacity.

Mine are powered viz a cell phone battery that recharges off USB
and/or will interact, 2-way, with a computer OS viz the USB port ROM
ID. Basic copy files or play out to the computer, newer car
line-inputs and stuff like that. Couple hour playback or six with a
better battery replacement.

Dunno, but my better one, populated and switchable for both TF and
USB, is something like 96G of storage from MP3 files I downconverted
to 128K sample rates. Tens of thousands, directly addressable by a
four- or five-digit keypad, for 9999 or 99999 songs.

There's a clock. Some probably have alarms. The Chinese think it's
cute to market them as: Old Folks' Music Players. That everyone,
who's anyone, evidently, would use something more complicated, like a
smartphone. Only dumb anti-computer people, old or mentally infirmed,
would use that sort of gadget.

In any event, that's the general $10 or $20US tract. Almost
exclusively EBay out of Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Central China. They're
also on Amazon, with Chinglish representatives, hustling through
Amazon's rating systems, lessor or similar items at two to three
times, additional, for middlemen markups.

Play them both if you're new, for narrowing in on what you want and
what's actually out there. (I wanted something to hang from my car's
radio knob. A Korean car manditorily equipped with SIRUS subscription
reception, along with a bunch of other sh*t, in order to mark it up an
additional $1000 for Western Marketing Interests.)

Or go buy yourself a BOSE system for $500+US.
Old February 7th 18, 05:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
lew

wrote:

[...]

Or get a "micro/mini system" like Yamaha, Denon or Onkyo. The thing is
that the alarm setting is called "programmable timer".
Old February 7th 18, 06:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 16:39:55 -0000 (UTC), lew
wrote:

Or get a "micro/mini system" like Yamaha, Denon or Onkyo. The thing is
that the alarm setting is called "programmable timer".

I've "Old Folks" style again, compartmentalized, two block mono amps
aside each side of a toroidal transformer. The dual amp kits, also
sold on Ebay, Class A, AB, D -- almost exclusively without a heatsink
or chassis (Yamaha, Denon, or Onkyo integrates) for amp channels. I
feed it off a multitrack mixer driving dual 6J1s -- it's the
Revolutary New Age, for the masses, of hybrid buffer technology
allowing for "tube sound" out of solidstate.

Or at least since last week, when I bought mine through Ebay, a
Central China vacuum tube preamp. (Replacements for Chinese crap
tubes, Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV Matched Military Pairs, are ordered and
enroute from Lativa, Central Russia).

Douk Buffer Preamp 6J1 Tube
- J61 classic tube design, optimization line.
- Tube design can be replaced.
- Aluminum alloy shell, durable classic.
-DC12V Power supply, it is easy to find a suitable power source.
- Unique boost mode, the high voltage power supply, power supply mode
is superior to common.
- Can be used with digital amplifier analog amplifier, active
speakers.
Specification:
Color: Black
Material: Aluminum
Size: 95x100x32mm/3.7x4x1.3 inch
Power: DC12V 1A
Frequency Response: 20HZ (-0.2DB) ~ 20KHZ (-0.2DB)
SNR: 100DB
Input Sensitivity: 300 ~ 2000MV
Output: 3000MV
THD: 1000MV 0.1%

The above isn't much, not really, above the price of Chinese, $10US
MP3 clock (in bare PCB with components to a kit assembly form).