Need help reinstalling sound card!

Old December 15th 03, 11:39 PM
JMI

Default Need help reinstalling sound card!

Hello,

I'm in need of some assistance! I tried to reinstall an Audigy 2 card in my
Dimension 4500. I moved the Audigy 2 card to a different slot and removed
all the other cards except the ethernet card and the video card. When I
booted up to Windows XP Home, XP recognized there was new hardware and
wanted to install it. I cancelled that and ran the install from the
Creative Install CD that came with the Audigy 2 card. But then I got the
messge:

"Setup could not detect any Sound Blaster card on your system.. Please
ensure that your Sound Blaster hardware is properly installed before running
the Setup program"

So then I tried to reinstall my older SB Live card, booted up, XP found it,
installed the drivers, rebooted, tried to play some music in MediaPlayer and
got:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with
your sound device . There may not be a sound device installed on your
computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning
properly"

I checked Device Manager and there are no question marks anywhere. The Live
card IS there in Device Manager and everthing appears to be installed
correctly, but why can't I get any sound? When I goto Control Panel/Sounds
and Audio Devices Properties, "No Audio Device" appears at the top of the
Volume panel.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!,

Jeff

Old December 16th 03, 02:44 AM
S.Lewis

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!,

Jeff

No need to post the same question twice.

sound card K.A.C.P.E.R Gigabyte Motherboards 0 January 1st 05 09:00 PM
Sound card produces odd noises during boot-up Chaos Master General 6 January 4th 04 03:05 PM
Sound card problems with Jetway 993AN board Steve Macleod General 1 December 2nd 03 09:10 PM
Santa Cruz Sound Card Davek General 0 August 17th 03 10:33 PM
Sound card suggestions, please. Nate H. Dell Computers 7 July 10th 03 08:16 PM