Just built new PC

Old September 19th 03, 04:18 PM
JSW

Default Just built new PC

Hi
My newly built PC is working a treat and I am well chuffed with the software
installed, which took a while to install. Is there a way to copy my hard
drive as it is now and use it to start again with if I have to format.

John

Old September 19th 03, 06:14 PM
Groove

JSW said this...

My newly built PC is working a treat and I am well chuffed with the
software installed, which took a while to install. Is there a way to
copy my hard drive as it is now and use it to start again with if I have
to format.

What you need is disk imaging software such as Ghost or Drive Image. These
will make a mirror of your whole HD that can be stored on CD's or a spare
HD and restored in a matter of minutes.

--
º~ dªv¡d ~º
Old September 19th 03, 06:56 PM
spodosaurus

JSW wrote:
Hi
My newly built PC is working a treat and I am well chuffed with the software
installed, which took a while to install. Is there a way to copy my hard
drive as it is now and use it to start again with if I have to format.

John

Norton Ghost

--

Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person

spam trap: replace shyah_right! with hotmail when replying

Old September 20th 03, 09:39 AM
Ralph Mowery

My newly built PC is working a treat and I am well chuffed with the
software
installed, which took a while to install. Is there a way to copy my hard
drive as it is now and use it to start again with if I have to format.

I have a maxtor hard drive and I have a hard drive in a removable tray that
I duplicate teh main hard drive to once a month . Maxtor has free software
that allows this direct copy. Takes about an hour to duplicate a 40 gb
drive.