For All The Ink In China!

Old July 2nd 05, 01:48 PM
Taliesyn

Default For All The Ink In China!

It used to be "All The Tea In China". But things have changed...

Interesting article at:

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...0000055928.htm

Last year 31% of all cartridges sold were made in China. In the last 11
years they've grown from 2 cartridge makers to 200. "World-renowned
brands" have moved the Epson moved its ink cartridge plant from the
US to China. Read the full article at above link as I cannot copy/paste
the copyrighted article.

-Taliesyn
Old July 3rd 05, 12:31 PM
Jan Alter

And the Bible is over 1000 years old, but the information is still relevent
and not everyone has read it.

--
Jan Alter

or

"pete" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:48:12 -0400, Taliesyn
wrote:

It used to be "All The Tea In China". But things have changed...

Interesting article at:

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...0000055928.htm

The article is nearly one year old.

Old July 3rd 05, 10:06 PM
measekite

Jan Alter wrote:

And the Bible is over 1000 years old, but the information is still relevent
and not everyone has read it.

The Bible is a document written by people. There really is no much more
of reason to believe anything in their is either true or false that any
other document written by an other person except for a politician.

Old July 3rd 05, 11:05 PM
Ron Cohen

Taliesyn,
I haven't seen any posts from you on nifty-stuff.com. The link you posted
was very interesting and we 'hobbyists, tinkerers and members of the
aftermarket club' over there appreciate that kind of information. The group
is moderated and devoid of personal attacks and profanity, but high on
intelligent discussion and ideas. Come join us.
--
Ron

Old July 4th 05, 12:07 AM
Taliesyn

Ron Cohen wrote:
Taliesyn,
I haven't seen any posts from you on nifty-stuff.com. The link you posted
was very interesting and we 'hobbyists, tinkerers and members of the
aftermarket club' over there appreciate that kind of information. The group
is moderated and devoid of personal attacks and profanity, but high on
intelligent discussion and ideas. Come join us.

Thanks for the invite, Ron. No, I haven't contributed at Nifty-Stuff.
I think you guys have been doing fine without me ;-). I have on occasion
found myself there while searching for information using Google.
Generally I only have time for one or two groups (the other being
Sixties music) and just one or two posts once in a while when I feel
it's necessary. But I just may drop in one day . . .

And yes, I too thought the posted link article was interesting. The ink
cartridge industry is growing at such a rapid pace in China that sooner
than later ALL cartridges and ink (even OEMs) will be made there. And I
predict it's only a matter of time until we see good quality ink
cartridges in the dollar stores. Good quality paper is already there -
20 4x6 and 10 8.5x11 sheets for a (Canadian) dollar. It's as fine or
better than Canon Photo Paper Pro, the only drawback being it takes a
day to fully dry, less with my iP5000 (smaller droplets).

-Taliesyn
Old July 4th 05, 12:25 AM
Ron Cohen

Since I am of your generation, sixties music is also my favorite. Could you
post the url to that group?
--
Ron

Old July 4th 05, 12:41 AM
Taliesyn

Ron Cohen wrote:

Since I am of your generation, sixties music is also my favorite. Could you
post the url to that group?

It's in the newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1960s

I've been basically absent from it for several months, but posted a
couple of times in the last two days. Unfortunately they have some
resident trolls too.

-Taliesyn

Old July 4th 05, 01:51 AM
measekite

Taliesyn wrote:

Ron Cohen wrote:

Taliesyn,
I haven't seen any posts from you on nifty-stuff.com. The link you
posted was very interesting and we 'hobbyists, tinkerers and members
of the aftermarket club' over there appreciate that kind of
information. The group is moderated and devoid of personal attacks
and profanity, but high on intelligent discussion and ideas. Come
join us.

Thanks for the invite, Ron. No, I haven't contributed at Nifty-Stuff.

They are preaching to the choir over their.