Make a F CD tray, easy

Old February 27th 08, 03:51 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Smith[_8_]

Default Make a F CD tray, easy

http://lh5.google.com/fixup77/R8OyC6...00/CDTrayF.jpg

All paper (top and bottom), easy to work with, just cut a big CD hole with a
X-Acto. Kitchen foils are taped on the top surface, no need to cut the
square holes and easy to tune its position precisely. Used thin double-side
tapes to attach the top and bottom together and the foils as well. After
tuning the right side foil, zero offset prints achieved. Cost lest than $1.
Not sure if the $25 original tray may achieve such low offset, as no way to
tuning the reflectors.

Old February 28th 08, 09:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Smith

Check out these DVD prints I made from MP600 with this home-made CD tray.
Notice how accurately the images are centered. Scanned these on MP600.

http://lh3.google.com/fixup77/R8cq4a...0/dvdmovie.JPG

http://lh3.google.com/fixup77/R8cq4a...collection.JPG

Old February 28th 08, 09:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Steinfeld[_2_]

John Smith wrote:
http://lh5.google.com/fixup77/R8OyC6...00/CDTrayF.jpg

All paper (top and bottom), easy to work with, just cut a big CD hole with a
X-Acto. Kitchen foils are taped on the top surface, no need to cut the
square holes and easy to tune its position precisely. Used thin double-side
tapes to attach the top and bottom together and the foils as well. After
tuning the right side foil, zero offset prints achieved. Cost lest than $1.
Not sure if the $25 original tray may achieve such low offset, as no way to
tuning the reflectors.

Can someone translate this into English for me?

Thanks!

Richard
Old February 28th 08, 10:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Smith

Not sure if the $25 original tray may achieve such low offset, as no way
tuning the reflectors.

Can someone translate this into English for me?

Thanks!

Richard

Did I not wrote it in English?

Old February 29th 08, 01:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Nicolaas Hawkins

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:27:36 GMT, John Smith
wrote in . net:

Not sure if the $25 original tray may achieve such low offset, as no way
tuning the reflectors.

Can someone translate this into English for me?

Thanks!

Richard

Did I not wrote it in English?

No very, only sort of.
Old February 29th 08, 04:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Hamilton

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:52:39 GMT, "John Smith"
wrote:

Check out these DVD prints I made from MP600 with this home-made CD tray.
Notice how accurately the images are centered. Scanned these on MP600.

http://lh3.google.com/fixup77/R8cq4a...0/dvdmovie.JPG

http://lh3.google.com/fixup77/R8cq4a...collection.JPG

Very nice. And how was this tray mounted into the printer so that the
printer recognized the tray? Did you need to reconfigure the printer?
Does the printer automatically move your tray in and out?

Nice work, by the way. I have a Canon MP530 and I would like to do
the same thing

-AH
Old February 29th 08, 01:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanG

"Andrew Hamilton" wrote in message
news

Very nice. And how was this tray mounted into the printer so that the
printer recognized the tray? Did you need to reconfigure the printer?
Does the printer automatically move your tray in and out?

Nice work, by the way. I have a Canon MP530 and I would like to do
the same thing

-AH

There are 2 different Ebay sellers offering GENUINE Canon disc trays, as
well as tray rollers if you also need those. They also include instructions
on how to enable disc printing in the USA. Or, you can visit
http://pixma.ulmb.com/index.php/category/frontpage/

Old February 29th 08, 06:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Smith

Very nice.

Thank you.

And how was this tray mounted into the printer so that the
printer recognized the tray?

When you use the tray, don't insert it all way in, match the right arrow to
the arrow you see at the right side of the CD door:

http://lh4.google.com/fixup77/R8hJ5Y...0/IMGP0215.JPG

Did you need to reconfigure the printer?

Once you have the tray, you need to do the following 5 easy steps to enable
your printer:

http://pixma.ulmb.com/

Does the printer automatically move your tray in and out?

There is a read-beam CD sensor in the printer, mounted on the left side of
the print head. First the CD tray moves in and out for the sensor to scan up
and down and look for the right reflector. So the position of the right
reflector is very critical; otherwise the sensor won't find the reflector
and thus reject the tray out. Then the sensor (print head) will move to the
left side to look for the left reflector. When debugging, open the printer
cover and push the cover switch down, so the printer will work with cover
open and you can watch what's going on there (very fun).

After the CD is printed, the tray will be ejected out automatically.

The F CD tray is almost the same as the B type, as described in the
following thread, except: 1) it uses 2 reflectors instead of 3, and 2) the
position of the right reflector is further away from the right side. So you
can get more info on how to make the tray in many different ways, just be
aware the position of the right reflector between B and F.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...07&forum_id=40

Old February 29th 08, 06:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Hamilton

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:31:32 -0700, "DanG" wrote:

"Andrew Hamilton" wrote in message
news

Very nice. And how was this tray mounted into the printer so that the
printer recognized the tray? Did you need to reconfigure the printer?
Does the printer automatically move your tray in and out?

Nice work, by the way. I have a Canon MP530 and I would like to do
the same thing

-AH

There are 2 different Ebay sellers offering GENUINE Canon disc trays, as
well as tray rollers if you also need those. They also include instructions
on how to enable disc printing in the USA. Or, you can visit
http://pixma.ulmb.com/index.php/category/frontpage/

Perfect. Wonderful. Thanks. You just made my day, no, my week.

I couldn't find those ebay sellers until I used the search term "Canon
tray," but then I found the sellers you were referring to. One guy
even has clear instructions on how to install the tray and enable CD
printing. Thanks again so much.

-AH
Old February 29th 08, 06:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Smith

Perfect. Wonderful. Thanks. You just made my day, no, my week.

I couldn't find those ebay sellers until I used the search term "Canon
tray," but then I found the sellers you were referring to. One guy
even has clear instructions on how to install the tray and enable CD
printing. Thanks again so much.

-AH

Yes if you are willing to buy a piece of simple plastic for $25, you don't
need to make your own. I simply do not support greedy guys. And, I found
that the center of the image is VERY sensitive to the position of the right
reflector; just a 0.2 mm error will generate a visible offset. So, I'm not
sure how accurate is the $25 tray, but when I make my own I can tune it to
be perfect as you can see from my CD prints.