Suggestions for a super quiet HSF?

Old July 1st 03, 09:26 AM
Harry

Default Suggestions for a super quiet HSF?

Hi all

I have a Volcano 9 HSF on my PC and it screams along most days. I
would dearly like to have a quiet HSF.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My CPU is a Duron 1.3 and the Mobo a A7V333

cheers

Harry
Old July 1st 03, 05:55 PM
Spajky

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:26:00 +0100, Harry wrote:

I have a Volcano 9 HSF on my PC and it screams along most days. I
would dearly like to have a quiet HSF.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My CPU is a Duron 1.3 and the Mobo a A7V333

with that Cpu/HSF combo is more that enough 7V !!
see my site /electronics for schematics!

-- Regards, SPAJKY
- http://freeweb.siol.net/jerman55/HP/Spajky.htm
Celly-III OC-ed "Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##
Old July 1st 03, 08:01 PM
SteveH

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" wrote in message
news
"Harry" wrote in message

I use this on my Athlon 1700+ system:
http://www.makeitsimple.com/print.php?sid=657 I got tired of the

screaming
Vantec HSF I was using.

Got one of those on my XP2600+ Works a treat.

SteveH

Old July 2nd 03, 03:07 PM
jaster

"Harry" wrote in message
Hi all

I have a Volcano 9 HSF on my PC and it screams along most days. I
would dearly like to have a quiet HSF.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My CPU is a Duron 1.3 and the Mobo a A7V333

cheers

Harry

Most recommend Aeroflow c7040.

I have the Volcano 9 on my XP2000 which started screaming at 4500rpm when I
switched cases. I replaced the cpu sensor fan control with the manual fan
control and lowered the fan speeds to 3500 rpm a more tolerable noise level.
It only cost 2-3C in temp. Air flow from the HSF interferred with the case
air flow. I can lower the fan speed to 3000rpm but then I break 60C when
playing games.