Which IDE configuration is better?

Old June 30th 03, 08:08 AM
Howard Kaikow

Default Which IDE configuration is better?

Hard drives are connected to a Promise Ultra133TX2.

Which of the following is better:

Configuration 1:

Primary IDE Controller on mobo (Master): CD-RW
Primary IDE Controller on mobo (Slave): Unused
Secondary IDE Controller on mobo (Master): CD-ROM
Secondary IDE Controller on mobo (Slave): ZIP

Configuration 2:

Primary IDE Controller on mobo (Master): CD-ROM
Primary IDE Controller on mobo (Slave): ZIP
Secondary IDE Controller on mobo (Master): CD-RW
Secondary IDE Controller on mobo (Slave): Unused

--
http://www.standards.com/; Howard Kaikow's web site.

Old July 1st 03, 07:51 AM
Ed_

In article , "Tiny says...

Duh, Duh, excuse me, but where is the hard drive???

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
Hard drives are connected to a Promise Ultra133TX2.

Which of the following is better:

Configuration 1:

Primary IDE Controller on mobo (Master): CD-RW
Primary IDE Controller on mobo (Slave): Unused
Secondary IDE Controller on mobo (Master): CD-ROM
Secondary IDE Controller on mobo (Slave): ZIP

Configuration 2:

Primary IDE Controller on mobo (Master): CD-ROM
Primary IDE Controller on mobo (Slave): ZIP
Secondary IDE Controller on mobo (Master): CD-RW
Secondary IDE Controller on mobo (Slave): Unused

--
http://www.standards.com/; Howard Kaikow's web site.

"Hard drives are connected to a Promise Ultra133TX2." .............I think
that's what his post said.

Ed

Old July 2nd 03, 11:22 PM
Adam Selene

Greetings...

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:08:09 -0400, "Howard Kaikow" wrote:
Which of the following is better:

Neither is better than the other. Just the order in which they appear in your drive
list. As long as you have the CDR and the CD on different busses you won't get any
complaints from Nero....

I have to ask - do you actually still use a zip drive? Considering the relative
cheapness of CDR and the huge expense of zip disks - I was wondering why you haven't
migrated completely away from it... I did years ago...

Old July 3rd 03, 12:58 PM
Allen_L

Adam Selene wrote:

Neither is better than the other. Just the order in which they
appear in your drive list. As long as you have the CDR and the CD
on different busses you won't get any complaints from Nero....

I have to ask - do you actually still use a zip drive?
Considering the relative cheapness of CDR and the huge expense of
zip disks - I was wondering why you haven't migrated completely away
from it... I did years ago...

I'm running a DVDROM Drive and a CDRW drive on the same buss or IDE cable
and have no complaints from Nero. To each his own about Zip Drives...they do
come in handy for very small file backups quickly.

....Allen

Best drive configuration? Noozer General 20 May 27th 04 03:10 AM
PROMPT Configuration Adcive Needed - Please Help... Amit L. General 2 April 11th 04 01:40 AM
Configuration CroW Overclocking AMD Processors 3 March 13th 04 11:34 AM
PC Configuration Netspace General 5 November 22nd 03 01:59 PM
HighScreen 8100 video configuration problem Miroslaw Cichocki General 0 November 12th 03 08:12 AM