Buy a hard drive from Scan or Komplett?

Old May 28th 06, 05:24 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

Default Buy a hard drive from Scan or Komplett?

On Sat, 27 May 2006 17:34:40 +0100, Jon D wrote:

I want to get a Samsung hard drive. Scan and Komplett both have them at
a decent price.

Which company should I use?

I'm happy with Komplett. I had some problems after I bought a graphics
card from them (quite a long time ago now) - not all down to them. It
took a fair number of emails back and forth before everything was
sorted to my satisfaction, in fact they went beyond fairness to me.
The main thing so far as I'm concerned was that they responded to each
email within a matter of hours.

My most recent purchase from them was a superb Samsung SyncMaster 214T
Monitor. Shipped via Parcelforce, delivery was exactly as stated on
the web-site, not quick but I didn't pay for quick.

Not used Scan - presumably because they weren't cheapest when I was
buying.
Regards,
vj
Old May 28th 06, 08:39 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Chronos
opened his gob and said:

That explains it. It just seemed a bit of a strange situation without
that information.

What's your point? That it's okay to totally ignore some emails?

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old May 28th 06, 09:36 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

After replacing Dr Teeth with a small shell script on Sunday 28 May 2006
20:39, the following appeared on stdout:

That explains it. It just seemed a bit of a strange situation without
that information.

What's your point? That it's okay to totally ignore some emails?

No, not at all. As I said, I was just curious to know why you found it
necessary to e-mail them if everything went well. As I also said, there
was no hidden meaning or innuendo.
--
Chronos

Old May 29th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

Dr Teeth wrote:
I rate SVP so highly that I would buy *anything* from them without
looking elsewhere for a better price.

They seem embarrassingly good. I bought some CD cases from them a few
months ago. Just one was broken: I emailed them purely to advise them
of this, in case they felt the packing could have been improved - I
noted explicitly that I felt it wasn't worth anyone's expense to take
further action. So they gave me a CC refund - 10 whole pence worth.
Goodness knows what it cost them to do; but it certainly means I go back
to SVP next time :-)

various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk
Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk)
Old May 31st 06, 11:57 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

In article , Jon D wrote:
I want to get a Samsung hard drive. Scan and Komplett both have them at
a decent price.

Which company should I use?

I've never dealt with Komplett, but have used Scan several times and they
seem inexpensive and efficient

.... however ...

I did once buy a hard drive from Scan that was sent out improperly packaged
(a couple of layers of bubble-wrap in a City-Link plakky bag) and was dead
on arrival. They handled the return very efficiently though, and the
replacement came in a padded box as it should.

You may get have more response in uk.comp.vendors

Cheers,
Daniel.

Old June 2nd 06, 01:39 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

On 27 May 2006, Dr wrote:

The company that I would buy from on the basis of their excellent CS
when things do go tits up are SVP (not many of my favourite suppliers
sell Samsung).

I rate SVP so highly that I would buy *anything* from them without
looking elsewhere for a better price

Is this the SVP you mean? http://svp.co.uk/

Not cheap then: Samsung SP2514N is £70 from SVP, £55 from Komplett.

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=361
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=307910

P&P is a few quid less from SVP

Old June 2nd 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Jon D
opened his gob and said:

Is this the SVP you mean? http://svp.co.uk/

Yes.

Not cheap then: Samsung SP2514N is £70 from SVP, £55 from Komplett.

I feel **very** safe with SVP should anything go pear-shaped. I would
still buy from them.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old June 2nd 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

opened his gob and said:

Is this the SVP you mean? http://svp.co.uk/

Yes.

Not cheap then: Samsung SP2514N is £70 from SVP, £55 from Komplett.

I feel **very** safe with SVP should anything go pear-shaped. I would
still buy from them.

You've introduced me to SVP, just ordered a new DVD Writer from them,
was pretty cheap too.

--
Derek

Hard Drive Temperature Nehmo General 36 October 27th 05 12:35 AM
how to test psu and reset to cmos to default Tanya General 23 February 7th 05 09:56 AM
Norton Ghost - Clone Won't Work jimbo Homebuilt PC's 70 November 15th 04 01:56 AM
SOLUTION! IBM Hard Drive only recognized as 33GB hard drive, but is more >>>82.3GB Andy Storage (alternative) 9 November 17th 03 11:20 PM