TFT dead pixel check ?

Old April 21st 05, 08:54 AM
Gama Chameleon

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:55:36 +0100, Black Shuck
wrote:

Ace Internet got up from the bar and shouted: :
Cheap, compared to the price of a class 1 TFT

Not necessarily, we do a Optronix Class 1 TFT's 15" at £99.95+vat, 17" at
£159.90+vat and 19" at £219.95+vat

Steve

Eeerrm yes...

Aria do a 19in TFT with dead pixel check for £210 inc VAT and delivery...

But there can be a big difference between a Class 1 and a dead pixel
check. Does the dead pixel check gaurantee that no pixels will develop
faults post delivery for the whole term of the warranty. Thats what a
Class 1 should do.

On top of that refresh rate isn't the only important thing about a
display. Being able to display a decent colour gamut is, for me at
least, very important.
--
Gamma gamma gamma chameleon
You come and glow, you come and glow.
Old April 21st 05, 09:47 AM
Ace Internet

I'm sorry but that sentence has got be confounded? If the 19" goes
that for 210 I wouldn't care if the 15" couldn't get close to it :-)

Oh dear... It was getting late ;-)

What I mean is that you would be unable to buy a 15" monitor and pay for
dead pixel check from them for cheaper than £99.95+vat

Steve
Visit our online IT store! Trade prices direct to the public!
http://customers.aceinternet.co.uk/buy/hardware
Get a FREE 0870 number for your home, business or Fax2Email service
http://customers.aceinternet.co.uk/telco/
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 0870 740 7555 | f: 0870 740 5335 | e:

Old April 21st 05, 10:40 AM
Gama Chameleon

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:47:41 +0100, "Ace Internet"
wrote:

I'm sorry but that sentence has got be confounded? If the 19" goes
that for 210 I wouldn't care if the 15" couldn't get close to it :-)

Oh dear... It was getting late ;-)

Heh

What I mean is that you would be unable to buy a 15" monitor and pay for
dead pixel check from them for cheaper than £99.95+vat

Yep, also Class I and dead pixel check before despatch are
considerably different things.
Old April 26th 05, 11:31 PM
Lordy

"Gaz" wrote in
:

"Mike" wrote in message
. ..

"Bleh" wrote in message
Do any firms still offer this before you buy ?

aria. £14.99.

expensive imo

bought a tft from aria a few weeks ago, no check, one dead pixel I
guess they repack the ones that are checked and fail and pass them off
to those that dont pay.

Gaz

Not a guess at all. Check it out ....

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=17030

Customer question:
erm what happens if it does find dead pixels - do you package it back up
and send it anyway but just tell us that there will be 1,2,3 etc dead
pixels?

If not - what do u do with the monitors that fail the check!!? sell them
as seconds or resell them to people that didnt order the check?

Aria Answer
The dead pixel check is offered so you can receive a monitor with no
dead pixels, if dead pixels are found then it will be swapped. ...

***Monitors that have dead pixels will be sold providing the number of
dead pixels is lower than the ISO-13406-2 standards*** ...

which govern dead pixel allow, any monitors over this will be sold at
discount or returned to suppliers.

So you are MORE likely to have dead pixels buying from Aria without a
pixel check than buying from another vendor that doesnt offer them. But
Personally I'd go for the pixel-check and free-shipping (while it lasts)

--
Lordy
Old April 27th 05, 04:04 PM
Mike

[...]

I bought one from dell. no dead pixels. 3 weeks later a dead pixel
appears

Old May 1st 05, 01:15 AM
Noel Paton

I bought three from aria without the dead pixel check - no dead pixels on
any of them

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi