What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

Old May 20th 05, 02:27 PM
Attila the Bum

Default What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

Call the Bobbies or plan on moving to a more civilised locale.

Your proposed acts of terrorism may land you in the gaol. Leaving
tacks in the spot whilst you're gone, well imagine the penalty for
_that_.

Mark

Old May 20th 05, 03:33 PM
tadchem

You have already gotten the best advice from several others here.

Avoid 'criminal' damage: i.e. anything that requires repair or
replacement of any part of the vehicle or renders it inoperable or
unsafe to operate.

That means nothing on the windscreen that would impede thr driver's
vision for same operation of teh vehicle.

I would also avoid anything that requires any significant expense on
your part, or carrying around any unusual paraphrenalia - if you are
apprehended in the act, that makes it look premeditated.

Within these parameters, I suggest leaving a note on the driver's side
window that is time-consuming (but not impossible or expensive) to
remove. That way the driver can safely operate the ehicle to go home
simply by rolling down said window.

Use a stick of lip gloss...

Tom Davidson
Richmond, VA

Old May 20th 05, 04:20 PM

I recommend a good shellac.

Old May 20th 05, 06:17 PM
Puppet_Sock

I've found that ordinary cellotape is pretty hard to get
off glass if it is put on firmly and smoothly. You can
stick the note on, then put some carefully placed extra
bits of tape beside it. Don't put paper under the nasty
bits, put them on clean and plain. The paper will give a
starting point to get the tape up and start it peeling.

It's also, by the way, very hard to get cellotape off
of some kinds of blackboard, and some kinds of whiteboard.
Socks

Old May 20th 05, 07:07 PM
Trevor Best

Attila the Bum wrote:

gaol.

Now there's a spelling I haven't seen for years.

People say I'm old fashioned, that's poppycock :-)

--
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly
n33d t0 g37 l41d

Old May 20th 05, 07:41 PM
Michael

"Puppet_Sock" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've found that ordinary cellotape is pretty hard to get
off glass if it is put on firmly and smoothly. You can
stick the note on, then put some carefully placed extra
bits of tape beside it. Don't put paper under the nasty
bits, put them on clean and plain. The paper will give a
starting point to get the tape up and start it peeling.

It's also, by the way, very hard to get cellotape off
of some kinds of blackboard, and some kinds of whiteboard.
Socks

You have already said that there are notices up about clamping. Why not do
just that, and charge them yourself to release it?

Old May 20th 05, 09:34 PM
Attila the Bum

Trevor Best wrote:
Attila the Bum wrote:

gaol.

Now there's a spelling I haven't seen for years.

People say I'm old fashioned, that's poppycock :-)

--
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly
n33d t0 g37 l41d

Well, now that you mention it,
there is a solution to Zak's
problem, well, partial solution;
it only works in hot dry
weather, but totally legal.

Splatter the windscreen with
_bugs_.

Atty (Not so legal, camel dung;
would you prefer one
hump, or two? |-)

Old May 21st 05, 12:21 AM
Frank Logullo

"Puppet_Sock" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've found that ordinary cellotape is pretty hard to get
off glass if it is put on firmly and smoothly. You can
stick the note on, then put some carefully placed extra
bits of tape beside it. Don't put paper under the nasty
bits, put them on clean and plain. The paper will give a
starting point to get the tape up and start it peeling.

Most important for any adhesive is to wash the window first
Frank