worst ever terms etc

Old September 16th 03, 09:52 PM
Bob Eager

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:49:38 UTC, Paul Hilder wrote:

A recently changed ebay ID too.

And now...a recently reported eBay ID....

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...

Old September 17th 03, 09:53 AM
Andy Sinclair

Bagpuss wrote:
That 2.8GHz Intel system looks a tad overpriced at £900, not even a
monitor.

Indeed.

I notice he wants £550 for an XP2000.
Last week I bought three XP2200 base units for 200 + VAT each.

From a proper shop.
With a warranty.

Admittedly they didn't come with loads of pirated software though.

ANdy
Old September 18th 03, 02:20 PM
peter

(peter) wrote in message . com...
"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message ...
"JULIAN HALES" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=43 1
7

read right to the end, the prices are bad, but the descriptions, terms etc
are damn confusing, and im sure wrong or illigel

The systems appear to be crap and over priced yes. Also the auction should
be an auction for one thing not a keyword spamming advert for sales off of
Ebay (which is dodgy.)

I've just emailed him to ask if all that pre-installed software ('you
can have any software you like as long as I can find it'!) comes with
original discs and licences - I'll let you know what he says.

And not surprisingly, he didn't reply.

I like this bit:
PHONE: 07887671670 AFTER 4.00 PM UK TIME. (AFTER WORK :-). ) THIS
PHONE NUMBER IS SWITCH ON TILL 7 OR 8 PM

After school more like, and his phone is only on till 7 or 8 cos
that's what time Mummy sends him to bed. I wonder if he knows you have
to be 18 to trade on ebay?
Old September 18th 03, 02:39 PM
Bagpuss

On 18 Sep 2003 06:20:56 -0700, (peter) wrote:

(peter) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Heh, I thought so too. Wonder if its worth giving him a call from a
pay phone somwhere and see if he has a child like voice or ask him the
prices of s/w too see if they are legit or "downloaded".
--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not
Old September 18th 03, 08:40 PM
Dom Robinson

In article ,
says...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=43 1
7

read right to the end, the prices are bad, but the descriptions, terms etc
are damn confusing, and im sure wrong or illigel

That Intel System 3 that's £900. I just got the same thing from Staples for
£598, except with 2.66Ghz instead of 2.8Ghz. Oh, and it included Windows XP
Home.

Gotta love that case though
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)
Old September 19th 03, 08:53 AM
Bagpuss

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:40:12 +0100, Dom Robinson
wrote:

In article ,
says...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=43 1
7

read right to the end, the prices are bad, but the descriptions, terms etc
are damn confusing, and im sure wrong or illigel

That Intel System 3 that's £900. I just got the same thing from Staples for
£598, except with 2.66Ghz instead of 2.8Ghz. Oh, and it included Windows XP
Home.

Gotta love that case though

Heh its a case only a 15 year old wold love :-)
Old September 19th 03, 12:34 PM
ScratUK

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"JULIAN HALES" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=43 1
7

read right to the end, the prices are bad, but the descriptions, terms

etc
are damn confusing, and im sure wrong or illigel

The systems appear to be crap and over priced yes. Also the auction should
be an auction for one thing not a keyword spamming advert for sales off of
Ebay (which is dodgy.)

Also.. he's throwing in OfficeXP Pro and Photoshop ... thats best part of a
grands worth of software. But i'm sure he'll be supplying the original disks
and paperwork .... not /

I also notice he only has a feedback rating of 3. I wonder how many accounts
have gone NARU before this one ?

Old September 19th 03, 12:40 PM
ScratUK

"Bagpuss" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:17:56 +0100, "Tony Sutton"
wrote:

"JULIAN HALES" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...89&category=43

1
7

I'm sure the "software" is illegal too.

I thought that at first. I get the feeling Photoshop 6 its a freebie
that comes with certain components (say scanners) although I would
expect it to be the LE version or elements. PS6 would retail at
several hundred pounds (although its 1 version behind now). Certainly
more than the £300 estimated for XP, Office and PS6.

To the best of my knowledge (and i stand to be corrected), Adobe have never
given out free copies of Photoshop !

Old September 19th 03, 12:47 PM
ScratUK

"JULIAN HALES" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=43 1
7

read right to the end, the prices are bad, but the descriptions, terms etc
are damn confusing, and im sure wrong or illigel

His other auction isnt much better (
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M3DA162F5
Is it a Nokia 3310 or an 8310 ... even he cant decide.
And why has he used a ripped photo ? If he can photograph his PC, you'd
have though he could have taken a snap of his mobile as well.
I just emailed him asking to confirm the mobiles' IEMI number, just so I can
check its not on the blacklist ..... I dont expect a reply

Old September 22nd 03, 08:51 AM
Bagpuss

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:40:17 +0100, "ScratUK"
wrote:

To the best of my knowledge (and i stand to be corrected), Adobe have never
given out free copies of Photoshop !

They have, well not so much free, but bundled with scanners and
digital cameras. Usually the LE version, but more recently superceeded
by the Elements version.