Half Life 2 on PIII 450 mhz and GeForce FX5200

Old November 21st 04, 05:57 AM
Skybuck Flying

Default Half Life 2 on PIII 450 mhz and GeForce FX5200

Hello Boys and Girls, Hater and Fans, Gouls and Fools

Yes, It's Skybuck.

Well I just played like I dont half an hour or so ? or maybe an hour ?

Half Life 2.

Well the gmae looks pretty good. Though I really don't care that much that
it looks good.

2 Days ago I aplyed half life 1 for the first time... to see what kind of
game it was... Well both games have the same feeling to it.

While playing the game I kinda have this boring feeling but also a little
bit relaxed feeling and also a "I'm being sucked into it" feeling...

Especially with half life 2... It's not really my kind of game... (No first
person shooter single player is really game )

I rather play a nice action packed multiplayer game or something... Get what
I am saying ?

Well I played the game at normal difficulty level...

Like I am guy that plays RTCW MP DEMO almost every day you know... Like
sometimes I kill like 4 or 5 or 8 persons within 2,3,4,5 seconds or so...

So you can Imagine how I felt playing this game... I felt I was up against a
bunch of grandma's and grandpa's in wheel chair with big dipers on shooting
at me once they found their glassess or something

Well you know something that;s good... because it;s reaaallly late at the
moment I dont feel like playing against though stupid aimbot anyway.

So what remains you know ? What's the game about ? Hard to say...

You are Mister (****o importanto) Freeman lol... You are in city 17 or at
least you arrive there or something... like always the same people that you
shoot... well kinda... there was even this creature that gave me energy -
how weird is that ?!

And euhm then later on these blades came flying at me... kinda cool reminds
me of bladerunner eheh.

Well the water looks really nice... and like the physics are pretty good
except picking up stuff that looks a bit fake... yeah also watch out for
barrels... I just got hit by one... HP at 11 and now save game is at 11
health points... but oh well I was done playing anyway...

Well it was kinda amazing seeing this game run as fast as it did on my
system... it runs even a bit faster than doom 3... I tried to set the fps
etc but I dont know the console command for it...

Anyway I would estimate like 10 to 20 fps maybe...

Well the graphics do look pretty good... I must say I really like the water
you know..

It's like this dirty kind of water... instead of really clear water... yeah
with stuff floating in it on top etc...

and ofcourse bubbly bobbles.

Yeah the game doesn't really have levels... it's more like this big world
that you walk through at least that is what the makers of the game are
intending for you to experience... it's doesn't really work out completely
since the game has to load something when you walk into a corridor then it
loads and loads and rebuilds and then you can play again for a few 100 to
200 meters or so..

Well half life 2 is really a game on it s on... it's like a really layed
back game... and if you stop for a second and you actually look at the total
picture it almost seems as if you are watching a movie... and interactive
movie... but you still see it s a game though

Well there isn't really much to say about this game.. it s just weird... you
know.. what the hell is going on... what the hell is the story about...

I really couldn't tell you... but maybe that s whole point of the game... it
remains a mystery ?

Well you know if I had to rate the game right now... I would start with a 7
and then later if I play it a bit more and it turns out that it isn't as
repetitive as halo then I would give half life 2 maybe an 8.

Since so far every corridor etc and every "level" has been totally different
with some commonalities but that s it...

Though the enemies are repetitive the same "soldiers" the same "things on
the ceilings"... the same "flying blades"

Oh yeah and there was this helicopter...

Well suppose that the game has many many more creatures and stuff then I
might give it an 8 later on

For now the soldiers bore me a bit... yeah... quite a lot actually.. like
gjezus man been there done that..

Ok I have seen the soldiers.. now move on pls

Well that's it really... I have nothing more to tell you...

Well ok.. I ll do my best and tell you a little bit more... about physics
maybe..

Like if you press E then you can open doors and you can pick up stuff...
just press E once and it will pick it up... and then you can toss it around.

Spoiler alert:

At the start of the game you had to plug it into a teleporter and then you
get teleported to all kinds of places and then you simply teleport back to
the back of the building.

OH YEAH !!

I forgot one thing lol

Yeah

At the start of the game their is this really hot chick with nice jeans and
a nice ass... hmmmmmjummmyyyy I was following here with the most joy

Hmhmhmhmhm look at that nice ass..

Ohhhh that was sweeeeeett

Lol

These people should make a serieous dating game hehehe where you can like
walk around and chat to "bitches" and follow them and talk and maybe **** em
hehehe.

No really I swear these people should really make a "hang out" game you
know.. like walking through the city hanging around.. buying some cloths,,
chatting with some people, buying an icecream... sitting in cafe... buying
some fries.. go buy a computer... go to church... drink a beer... drive your
car... ride you bike... stop at the light... cross the road... go to
supermarkt... pay your food... make some dinner... watch some tv... take a
****.. brush your teeth... take a sleep.. wake up.... make/get breakfast...
go to your job... kick your boss in the nuts lol... rob a bank... spend some
cash... get some dope... get high...

Yeah... that sound like half life 2 to me dude... but then without the
"aggression'

Hhhhuuuuaahhhhsighhh

Yeah and then to top it all off go on vacation to hawaii ... zip your drink
on the beach.. watch some nice girls jump up and down take a dive in the
sea.... **** in the sea.... **** in the sea lol.. nooooooo
build a nice sand castle... **** on your sand castle... squash your sand
castle... dig a big hole... barry yourself... get up... lay down.. get a
little brown... and then you do the whole **** all over again :P

Ahhhhhhhhh yessssssssss that's truely brilliant... I NEED A VACATION GAME
FOR PURE RELAXATION hehgeehehehehe.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 21st 04, 06:06 AM
Matty Anderson

How old are you, 13? Women are not "bitches". Also, this is not an IM chat
room. Ask a question or make a comment. This isn't the place for your
journal.

Just take it easy, Skybuck, and you'll be ok.

Matt

Old November 21st 04, 06:08 AM
Skybuck Flying

Wow dude that was a fast reply..

I just wrote that story like 1 minute ago hehehehe.

Dude I am taking it easy thanks to half life 2.

I feel so relaxed now =D ahhhhhhhhhhhh

-

****

Old November 21st 04, 09:00 AM
nSurfer Tom

Skybuck Flying wrote:
*snips crap out*

Playing HalfLife 2 powered by PIII 450mhz & FX5200??

Yeah right......

Plenty of reviews on HalfLife 2 outta there AND you STILL
using antiqued techo stuffs?

Get out of your cave and BUY the best stuffs!!

*shakes head in disbrief*
Old November 21st 04, 09:28 AM
Skybuck Flying

Lol,

Well I have one more very interesting thing to add to this thread.

While I was playing the game I noticed this stuttering of the sound...

Ofcourse I simply thought that my system was too slow...

But now comes the really funny part.

People with *super* fast systems have exactly the same problem !

http://www.blep.net/hl2stutter/

Now that's funny !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 21st 04, 11:44 AM
twobirds

Matty Anderson wrote:

Women are not "bitches".

I've met a few.

Old November 21st 04, 02:31 PM
dvus

Skybuck Flying wrote:

People with *super* fast systems have exactly the same problem !

Heh, ain't it the truth. You done with this troll?

dvus

Old November 21st 04, 08:13 PM
lonesw0rdsman

"twobirds" wrote in message